Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Don’t be acting the gowl Kev.
My record is excellent. If it wasn’t I wouldn’t be asked by all four divisions in Tipperary to run their juvenile development squads, yes that’s all four divisions that contact me to run squads. No coach is perfect ( well maybe you ) but I have my record of improving each and every player that I work with and making sure they’ll see out a full Gaa career.
But yet again you know better.

2 Likes

You see you think success is down to you. Or that being asked to do something validates it as you doing the best job possible. You have shown on here, in black & white resistence to alternative, scientifically proven ways. Being open to change and improvement is key.

These players could be getting better for an unbeluevable amount of reasons. Good S&C, club coaches, maturation, parenting and so on. Its endless.

And is it drills they are better at? Or playing the game?

How do we know you are not simply the loudest voice?

Your ego certainly seems to be central to it all.

3 Likes

thats good coaching

1 Like

Stop winding me Kev. Just stop.
My no nonsense approach to ball control at speed is the one of the main factors in my success,as is also my no nonsense approach in running witch doctors like you out the gate.

2 Likes

Really. What witch doctery have i been exposed on?

Argue out some opposition to anything i have said, promoted or written or coached.

Again with the “me me me”.

Tell me about you’re no nonsense approach to ball control. Explain a game you use for it?

You think you are all that because you have a tracksuit and a loud voice. Is that it?

1 Like

You’re worse… He’s the biggest spoofer on the forum.

1 Like

I know, but i want to call him out.

I’m still fuming from an experience at a club last week.

How does he improve his touch/ball control of players.

I don’t waste time with this speed & conditioning or whatever it’s called. I just maximise the amount of time each player spends with the ball.
One time last year I got my brother to count each touch that they got. I take it that seriously.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Ah fair play. Now i know you are a wum.

You got me.

2 Likes

Fuck you. You pompous cunt, overall standards are slipping because of chancers like you.
60 mins of training and maybe 20 mins of ball in hand time, no good to anyone.
Get them handling the ball for at least 50mins and don’t mind that old movement shit.

What happened?

@Brimmer_Bradley might be an egomaniac and possibly a simpleton too but when he coaches he does so for free. He is only doing it for the love of his club and his community, both incidentally disaster zones no doubt full of the worst type of rough loudmouth Tipperary animals. Go easy on him.
The like of experts in their field however such as ed coughlan and yourself come with a hefty invoice and should not be compared as if in any way equal.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right.

2 Likes

Fuck wait.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with ego or trying to do the best for the people you are actually coaching. And there are few people in Ireland who do not earn their corn at volunteer level first. I am coaching in some guise now for 23 years. I made plenty mistakes, but i was willing to learn continually and was always player centered. Bringing money into it is disingenious and typical 1st reach of the irish begrudgery mindset. In some cases i come in and support volunteer coaches. The bottom line is i help them to help the kids (or whoever). Thats the bottom line.

I can see a mile away that @TreatyStones gets it. No degree in coaching or science or anything. And you don’t have to have one. Quite a few others here the same.

The likes of Paudie Butler have ruined coaching in GAA.

1 Like

And i daresay love of community has fuck all to do with it. Why not stay away from develooment squads if thats the case.

1 Like

I was working with one team of coaches in a very large club (30-40 per age). Anyway all around, everywhere, were coaches roaring and shouting at kids. It was the worst level of chest beating i have ever seen. Roaring at players to keep their positions, physically pulling them back and pointing at positions, “pass it will ya ffs” and all this nonsense. The worst were right beside us and were u7’s.
It shows how subcultures emerge in clubs and a lack of leadership is so critical. The u8’s i was with had 15 coaches and you could see largely they were all kid centred.

It was American sideline stuff. I saw a fair bit of it in soccer earlier in the year as well.

1 Like

You get none of that shit in tennis

Best tongue in cheek comment ever on this site .

Knowing a few of the squads @Brimmer_Bradley has been involved with ( not sure in what capacity) the results speak for themselves.