Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Is the fall off not just huge regardless?

exactly. beer and women and realising bursting your hole around a field chasing a ball isnt for everyone.

And you just run out of road, most probably can’t make the senior club team yet, only a handful of 21’s games to keep you going etc. etc

I think it happens anyway. Crokes lose about ten per cent a year from under 8 all the way up. Start out with 120-150 kids and have about half that or less at 14.

That’s a different problem altogether though. You just can’t have that many kids in the one club. I’d imagine the drop off rate in a club with 20 u-8’s is no where near 50% by the time they hit u-14’s

1 Like

Bring down your best U10 and stick him in goals. At least then you will be able to puck it out

2 Likes

Or they were footballers merely playing hurling underage for a bit of craic

They found it exceeded the regular fall off.

Beautiful set up down there. Four pitches all immaculate just outside Kilkenny and then they have main pitch back at clubhouse. Standard of the pitches was really something else.

Was pleasantly surprised that we matched them skills wise.

1 Like

I see Ciaran Deely has been sensationally axed by London. Pretty surprising seeing as he seemed to be doing reasonably well with them and putting a good setup in place .

Wexford calling, Wexford calling…

He’ll hardly give up his job with QPR to take it?

Don’t worry @Gman is organising a group of private backers who will match Davy’s wages for the next football manager…

Gman wouldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery and @Mac couldn’t organise a brewery

7 Likes

Is he not a bit of a tool?

Had a great session with the u16s this evening.
They did cartwheels and played tag. We didnt kick any ball but sure they enjoyed themselves and isnt that what it’s all about.

2 Likes

I dunno, he seemed genuine enough.
That said I’ve had a look at the stuff on his website alright and its not exactly revolutionary.

Ciaran is grand. Does a lot of good work and has a lot of experience. Has more S&C experience than a lot of people but isnt one to shove it down your throat. He was doing a lot of developmental work with London too, was setting them up to be a home grown based team rather than dependant on summer holidays or those over for short spells in London. Whhich is all the more surprising from London, they actually had some decent results and performances this year and were setting up nicely, so to axe him now is a very odd decision.

Anyway, home is calling him now, back to Ballinteskin and he can run the golf course and be Wexford manager full time.

1 Like

One of your club men was captaining a county side in mordor and you took the u16 to a playground!

For FFS

And look what happened to him :weary: