Official TFK UFC Thread

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 916323, member: 1786”]Anyone see the documentary last night on RTE?

He seemed to have a lot of cash for someone who was only just breaking into the UFC scene? Is there a lot of money in the levels below UFC?[/quote]
He’s probably made a few hundred grand from his fights and promos so far and is probably spending it as fast as he is making it. Shit documentary-what was with the Apocalypto music during it ffs. Looking forward to him getting back fighting though.

The doc was shite, and he plays up to the camera for sure, but you can’t deny his hard work. You don’t have to like him but any man that puts in that much physical effort in order to achieve his dream deserves respect. Couple of cringy scenes in the pub with ‘mates’ tho. They could have focused on his younger life and previous fights a lot more and centred it around him training for the big one- as it was, it was just him getting dressed, driving cars and doing a slight workout. Is there a part two? Following his rehab would even have been more interesting than some of that tripe last night.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 916323, member: 1786”]Anyone see the documentary last night on RTE?

He seemed to have a lot of cash for someone who was only just breaking into the UFC scene? Is there a lot of money in the levels below UFC?[/quote]
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/10/4716134/ufc-fight-night-26-payouts-salaries-alistair-overeem-boston-mma

these payments are before tax

if boxing is any comparator very few are going to come out it with much money

Conor McGregor: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)[U][I]Max Holloway[/I][/U]: $14,000
McGregor def. Holloway via unanimous decision

They make fuck all, it’s a company you work for. It’s all about what you can make outside. He has an advantage in he’s irish and unique in the small market here.
There are Brazilians who need another job to stay afloat on the fringes of the UFC.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 916385, member: 273”]They make fuck all, it’s a company you work for. It’s all about what you can make outside. He has an advantage in he’s irish and unique in the small market here.
There are Brazilians who need another job to stay afloat on the fringes of the UFC.[/quote]
how many fights a year do the main guys have?

GSP was down to one. But generally it’s more unless you are a superstar. Working off memory and guessing I would say guys at top 10 in any weight probably average 3-4 a year.

i’m a big fan of McGregor but the documentary was terrible …he was trying too hard to be the man…i still hope he makes it big for his attitude and dedication to his sport …

here a list of money earned by the different fighters on the ladder …

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/ufc-career-fighter-earnings.html

Problem with MMA is it attracts a certain uber-cünt of fan who started a bit of white collar or MMA training in their thirties and is now an authority on all things fighting sport related

[quote=“scumpot, post: 916395, member: 182”]here a list of money earned by the different fighters on the ladder …

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/ufc-career-fighter-earnings.html[/quote]
Impossible to read that.

yeah impossible…i mean, all those numbers !..:rolleyes:

I can only read the first one or two numbers. Can’t see weather it’s 4,44, 400, 4million or what for GSP for instance?

Bizarre Johnny Hendricks is so far down the list. Arguably the best fighter in the whole thing.

This thread is absolutely unbelievable. You lot really are a pack of steamers. I’m totally bewildered here.

Not a fan of this lark at all, but will be tuning in tonight to see if this guy can back the hype up.

+1

What time is his fight?

Around 9 clock, going to turn over to 3e now rather then look at Jamesie’s expensive suit

Here’s hoping the cunt gets the shit kicked out of him

He’s a wanker.

Not impressed with what I’ve seen on the under card. Is the sport normally this shite?