On this day

24 years ago today Oasis released their second album What’s the Story (Morning Glory)

2 Likes

What a thread…

1 Like

What a player this guy was

I think all future Aston Villa Goal Of The Season competitions should be named in his honour

Last season’s did justice to his memory

1 Like

4th October 1959 Waterford beat Kilkenny in the All Ireland hurling final replay (60 years today)

10 years ago I joined this fucking monkey farm known as Thefreekick. A decade gone in a blink!

10 Likes

Yesterday, but still

On October 14, 1994, Pulp Fiction went into general release in the United States

2 Likes

83 years ago

Who vun zis game?

1 Like

We won 5-2 it was the last straw for zee Germans.

on the 25th October 1415, the British Army sent the French packing at the battle of Agincourt

1 Like

Ole Pierre doesn’t like it up ‘im

Saint Swithens day. They were beaten back later by a 14 year old virgin who masturbated with a crucifix though, if you believe in fairytales !

45 years ago today Kraftwerk released Autobahn. Two albums from this period put a bomb under popular music. This was one. The other was the Ramones debut album from 1976.

1 Like

Ramones had roots back in the Stooges stuff from late 60s or 70s?

And of course the Doors?!

44 years ago (yesterday actually) the Edmund Fitzgerald sank on Lake Superior. 29 crew perished.

27 years ago meself n Mrs Jones tied the knot, still there this morning when I woke up, fair play…

15 Likes

Her or your mickey?

1 Like

Congrats. 27 - the Kurt Cobain Wedding Anniversary I think that one is.

1 Like

You’ve still got a thing Going On

1 Like