On this day

Dolores O’Riordan died 4 years ago today.

She died so that Limerick hurling might rise again.

No sign of Gilbert O’Sullivan croaking yet?

5 Likes

That post should have got more likes

1 Like

Feb 1st 1992

Pure theatre.

3 Likes

40 years ago today - 6 February 1982

3 Likes

100 years ago today. Dirty bastards.

1 Like

Administration day/ the day the Rangers died 10 years ago today

2 Likes

14 February 1981. The Stardust disaster. I’ll never be able to forget it anyway as my kid brother was born later that day.

3 Likes

15/02/1971 we entered the age of decimal currency as it was called then. It went from 240 pennies in the pound to 100 and the humble shilling was consigned to history. 10 Sweet Afton cost about 2/6 which was 12.5% of £1. Pints were fractionally more expensive - you could get 7 pints and 10 fags for a pound.

Cue jokey comments about value and all that….

1 Like

Times have changed alright boxty. You can’t even say fag anymore, let alone buy and sell them.

3 Likes

I remember the first time buying something with 5 new pence. Or 5 new as we quickly came to call it.

@briantinnion

8 Likes
  1. Republic of Ireland 1 England 0. David Kelly goal.
1 Like

Without doubt the most under rated show ever produced

When my ass was 19 years old, I changed the face of professional baseball. I was handed the keys to the kingdom: multimillion-dollar deals, endorsements. Everyone wanted a piece of my shit. Just a man with a mind for victory and an arm like a fucking cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm. And a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies. And my ass ain’t no pussy. My ass is a fucking champion.

4 Likes
1 Like