On this day

3 Likes

Manchester United was founded 120 years ago today, on April 24th, 1902.

Happy Birthday to all supporters.

3 Likes

Prince died 6 years ago this weekend. I played this tonight in memory of him. I bought it 36 years ago on its release in Camden markets. It’s worn down to a frazzle at this stage but the genius still shines through.

Carried it home carefully on a Slatterys bus from Victoria Bus Station.

6 Likes

I’ve waited all day for a Wexican to post an auspicious nugget in this thread, but so far……zilch…

Nickey Rackard was born 100 years ago on this day.

3 Likes
2 Likes

These lads never heard of him. They think hurling was invented in 1996.

4 Likes

30 years ago Eamonn Casey’s secret double life was exposed.

4 Likes

A distant relation of mine, I remember that day well came home from UL and my deeply religious aunt was there in an awful state, such scandal!

1 Like

Jayses, when you consider the shit that’s come out since , twas a storm in a tea cup

1 Like

Maybe one for the pardon my ignorance thread but would like to read an account of what actually happened and how it came to light

I am aware of Annie Murphy’s LLS interview, the illegitimate child and some misappropriation but that it about it.

Casey seemed a very big cheese in the Irish Catholic Church. The John Delaney of his day possibly

2 Likes

He confirmed all the NOGRA lads

7 Likes

It was actually the day of my brother’s confirmation :smile: All dressed up and nowhere to go.

7 Likes

Ah thats a story there!!!

From what I can recall the Irish Times broke the story and it centred around diocesan funds being transferred over a period of time to America ie Annie Murphy and the dam burst after that in that he was providing for his son

Yes big spread in the Irish Times on it today.

1 Like
1 Like

Gaybo let himself down that night if it happened now he’d be cancelled

8 Likes

He disgraced himself and so did the lynch mob in the audience.

8 Likes