On this day

Poor aul Ruairidh is gonna have nightmares for a month I’d say.

World No.2 shoots 77 at Augusta. There’s lads here could do that. You’d feel for the believers.

2 Likes

I’m mildly surprised that the 100th anniversary of the death of Liam Lynch hasn’t been mentioned.

Edit…Apart from being discussed in the Easter thread. Soz….

Phew, I eventually realised you were talking about golf there.

2 Likes

I was up hiking with the young fellow during the week around that part of the world in the Knockmealdowns.

Doolittle is released

3 Likes

27 years ago today

2 Likes

@ChairmanDan - Maine Road.

Probably Wave of Mutilation, Christ that’s a great album, just looking at the track listing now, unbelievable

2 Likes

One of my favourite albums of all time. Wave of mutilation, here comes your man, debaser… absolutely chock full of bangers. Id say we bought that album 3 or 4 times.

The Wonder Years was a cracking show and ridiculously underrated.

4 Likes

The outro to No 13 Baby.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Always had a fondness for Crackity Jones

A brilliant show, dunno about underrated though, I’ve never heard anyone speak about it in less than reverential terms

It never gets mentioned much in the conversation of great shows anymore, somewhat forgotten. TG4 were reshowing it around 6pm there during lockdown. It was so far ahead of its time in many ways. The subjects it dealt with weren’t touched on much at the time and the narration was perfect. Beautiful.

1 Like

This sums up being a young lad and falling in love with a girl in the purest way you ever really would.

Edit this was the scene from the start

3 Likes

I thought the acting of Fred Savage was top notch in terms of how it linked with the narration.

It still on TG4 at 6:30pm some evenings.

2 Likes

Superb stuff.

Another magnificent scene

1 Like

May Day.
It’s a tradition in some of the older town estates here that a generous sprig of the Furze blossom is dropped at each persons door on the 1st of May, May Day. I never heard of it happening in the countryside. Is it something that goes on in other towns?

1 Like