Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Kelly was unreal that day. Limerick could have detailed a man marker like Finn to follow Kelly everywhere he went and probably nullified his influence but what would that have done to the rest of Limerickā€™s shape?

Jason Forde did similar damage in the first half of the Munster Final last year, just by picking up spaces outside our centre-back.

Again, Limerickā€™s response was not to put a specific plan in place to counteract one player. Just everyone needed to do their jobs better.

1 Like

No but his supporting cast is absolutely desperate. Its incomparable to the other two.

If he ever does carry Mount Sion to a County Championship (i wouldnā€™t rule it out,) it will be something else

I wonder could Whelehan have repeated that trick? It struck me as a bit of a once off when everything he touched turned to gold!

that was a massive change to make for an all ireland final!!

Like the Ulster Football provincial winners of the last twenty years, the Limerick champions are a spent force once theyā€™ve made their way through the bearpit of the Limerick club championship.

Limerick winning 3 in a row will tuin some lads. Roll on the championship. Where it matters

So Gleeson is a serial loser but itā€™s everyone elseā€™s fault?

2 Likes

The nerves are off the charts. A legacy set in stone or a history tarnished by what ifā€™s

Iā€™d say everybody is resigned to that now, a 5 in a row would be something to behold alright.
Weā€™ll hope to enjoy a good game tonight, hopefully some silverware for Cork before we move onto the proper stuff in a fortnights time.

1 Like

Gleeson brought Mount Sion to the width of a post of beating Ballygunner last time they met.

When Lynch, Gillane, Byrnes and co went down there to play BG, they were sent home with tea in their mugs.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have Tom Morrissey ahead of Austin Gleeson

4 Likes

Yeah silvwrware will be food for cork no denying the passionate fans down there. When was the last time cork won the league? Or Waterford for that matter?

Youā€™re trying yourself up in awful knots with your conflicting lines of reasoning.

Cork won the league in 98, itā€™s been mentioned many many times this week.
A final is a final, but nobody will lose the run of themselves, Limerick havenā€™t taken the league seriously and itā€™s all about turning them over, the two teams best equipped to do so play tonight so letā€™s see

2 Likes

Like underage stuff detailing your best player to mark their best player!

My father always said cregan was the best player he ever saw (played with him) and if heā€™d been playing for cork or tipp or Kilkenny heā€™d be remembered as one of the greatest of all time.

1 Like

A few things aligned for Limerick that season. They were well beaten in the league final by Wexford when Ned Rea was full back and Willie Moore was full forward. Jim Oā€™Donnell was centre-back all the way up to the AI semi-final and didnā€™t feature after that.

Mickey Graham, who would have been a definite starter, broke his leg in the league final, forcing another reshuffle. Someone put that game up on Youtube during the lockdown and Heā€™s lying on the field being attended to for ages while the game went on around him. They didnā€™t even stop when the play came down near him. Different times.

Like I said before, its all about timing. Limericks attitude to the league is a gamble. A gamble that could well backfire. You could make the same argument for Cork and Waterford. But a three in a row for Limerick this year is by no means a certainty

So Gleeson was on the losing team again?

Any day of the week.

Ah yeah. But there was a nice spoon of sugar in the tae