Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Yeā€™ll win the League

Fellas who said heā€™d never make it as an intercounty forward raging as took home HOTY. Never got over it.

1 Like

Weā€™re not interested in altar boys.

:musical_note: Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gonna doā€¦? :musical_note:

1 Like

I donā€™t have the will to be winding up the Limerick lads today.
RIP @Faldo
Iā€™m really upset.

23 Likes

Ah Jesus. RIP

+1 flatty. Not two fucks could I give

5 Likes

I hope Hegarty will take the learnings from this

He will Iā€™d say. Heā€™ll have to get a bit more subtle

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be at much with fifteen fellas getting sent off.

The rules didnā€™t apply to Kilkenny back in the day so I can see why heā€™s confused

Hegarty comes across as a gentleman off the pitch & in his interviews. No debating that.

But, his use of the hurl in the tackle, whilst fending off an opponent and in any sort argy bargy off the ball was all the while leaning towards costing his team.

It has been pointed out on numerous occasions how close to the line he was operating and in truth how lucky he had been in the last 2 years.

Lads can bemoan Donal Og all they like but he was correct in his assertions last night.

Iā€™d imagine Hegarty will address his behaviour tbh because if he doesnā€™t Kiely & Kinnerck will address it for him. The team is key.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a bye product of the obsession in hurling where everyone seems to be going on about how manly and physical hurlers are.

Hurling should Always be a game of skill.

What hegarty done was silly and petulant. I wouldnā€™t read much into it as its probably just a sign of frustration and being wound up. Just donā€™t let it happen again.

Itā€™s not to be lauded as being physical or manly anyway. Donā€™t take a backwards step or cream a lad with shoulder by all means but what he done simply cost his team.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a huge difference between being physical and even being on the edge during the course of the game, and raising your hand/hurley in handbags while the game is stopped.

I wouldnā€™t curb Hego in the former tbh, last night was just silly. I donā€™t think anybody has any complaints tbh. These things happen, you take your punishment, you move on.

1 Like

Kyle was sent off last year for something similar against Waterford and he went onto have a fine year.

Itā€™s our own fault really for lauding Mulcahyā€™s manshaming of Coleman in 2018.

1 Like

A very jaunty national anthem in Clare

Clare lad played back across his own goals there

Austin looking fit here.

Well done to Galway yesterday, they will be a serious force this year and we will be right up against it if we want to defend our title. Highly doubtful that it will be like last year where we reach HQ and have only undercooked Corks and Waterfords to overcome.

We played well in parts I thought and it was much better than last week, and if we wanted one lad to perform we would have chosen CON so thatā€™s a huge positive. It was a great evening atmosphere and some serious timber at times. It could well be the AI final pairing this year. We need fringe lads to really step up more, WOD went off injured and Hego will be out next time out so thatā€™ll give more chances to the likes of BOG, Reidy, English etc.

Galway though, a really impressive performance, brilliant physicality and some excellent long range scores especially to pull away towards the end. Their work rate up front was impressive too I thought. On a side note, some of the limerick fans near me were painful to listen to, Jesus itā€™s no surprise teams want to relish shoving it up to us. Weā€™re becoming like KK fans from years ago or the Kerry crowd. Lots need shutting up during the games out of talking sheer nonsense. Iā€™m surprised some of the Galway people didnā€™t do it themselves

8 Likes

Offaly vs Cork on GAA GO 2 on the IPTV

1 Like