Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Will McInerney be midfield in Championship?

McInerney & Malone?

Donnellan’s been alright, bit light but maybe if you paired him with someone like Malone.

6-21
0-17

Jesus we could be back to the Cork nadir.

Mcinerney’s form is in the toilet. Hard to know at this point. Lot of holes to fill.

I’d be amazed if Mac turns into an effective IC midfielder at this stage

If I were ye, I’d want Malone HF 100%. But ye seem to be really lacking in midfield.

Kelly, Meehan, Rodgers, Conlon, Malone, Crotty would be an alright forward line, and ye have Duggan & McCarthy to return?

Would McCarthy be a midfield option?

McCarthy would but won’t be ready in time, Duggan badly needs game time and this injury he has really hasn’t helped. He was fairly rusty in the club championship

Hegarty is a great hurler and I’d say he’s a good fella too.
But Donal Og or Daly, whoever said it was dead right, he’s an awful man for swiping backwards with the hurley, needs to stamp it out of his game, nobody gives a fuck about meaningless league games in February but he’ll be closely watched come summer time

Why try Conlan at 6 last year and then decide not to proceed with it? Was it viewed as not having worked?

1 Like

Malone and Taylor’s form the past two days would be a worry. They are fairly consistent players for us who set a tone in workrate and effort. Both have been poor so far

I was saying to a St Anne’s man the other day that both McGovern and O’Keeffe might be struggling to hold off younger challengers and make our championship team. But they combined for the game winning goal there and I reckon I was a bit hasty with my prediction.

A good brace of wins but plenty to improve on and the standard there wasn’t too hot. I guess the league is more important for some counties than others and we’re probably one of the sides that needs a few wins to build some belief and momentum with the new management set up.

ROC scored some fantastic points and it was good to see Connal Flood making a difference late on again. Damien Reck scored a couple of long range points in the second half and Ryan, O’Hanlon and Foley were solid. We gave up too many goal chances though and lost our way for spells too, especially in the third quarter playing with the wind.

Can’t really quibble with two wins from two with a good sprinkling of new players on show though.

2 Likes

Full Time

Offaly: 1-15
Cork: 4-25

1 Like

7-31 to 0-19.

A dark dark dark day.

1 Like

Was Liam Ryan injured or why was he taken off?

Aimsir uafĂĄsach i Durlas

1 Like

Fixed that there for yoy

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing Brassill and Cian Kenny in this one.

Trying to build on a good year for the Tier 2 sides is a massive stumbling block. Seems to always happen with the Antrims, the Westmeaths and the Laoiseses of the world. A good year with a scalp or two, the signs of major strides and then within a couple of years they are back to shipping hidings.

He did start, the Abbeyside lad. In place of Colin Dunford. CK could well have scored that goal same helmet and build as SB

1 Like

For a Laois to survive against the top tier they need to be on it every day. That’s not possible and you’ll get these results from time to time. But it’s abhorrent to ship that sort of beating and it will make it very hard for all concerned.

1 Like

Awful game
Feckin referee needs a slap