Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Did he clap them in at half time?

1 Like

He’s on the line waving his arms like a Jackass roaring “come on, come on!” while Forde is lining up a free, like an oul Junior B manager

GaaGo

1 Like

Tipp have all the big guns brought in, Bonnar is going for it

Forde put off by Bonnars roaring there and misses a free

The Tipp crowd are on their feet as Bowe brings it to within 1. Bonnar has spittle around the mouth now.

The hat is off.

The end of this is frantic. Dublin haven’t troubled the scoreboard much since the McGraths came on.

Forde should have hit that first time.

Dublin win by a point.

Gas Forde hit himself in the gooch there

Forde is after doing himself a mischief in the process of missing a goal chance

The Dubs hold out after a great attempt at a comeback from plucky Tipperary

Another round of Miller Shield trials needed before the championship.

2 Likes

Bonnar has the hat back on and the froth wiped away. He’ll need to reassess the arm waving and roaring and perhaps replace with a demented seal type clap

Great goal from Ronan Hayes in the 2nd half, skint B McGrath

They’ll build a statue of Bonnar in Liberty Square if he can stop Tipp losing to Limerick for the fifth straight year in the championship.

1 Like

Not a great game but you’d do well to find a worse evening for hurling. Dublin will be happy with the win but they hardly scored for the last 15 mins.

Tipp huffed and puffed but never really got going. Showed decent heart towards the end.

1 Like

Was it that bad? I passed through Thurles about an hour before the game and it wasn’t too bad considering its February

Decent end. Ball must have got caught in a divot there for the tipp goal chance.

Seemed to be an absolute gale blowing down into the Killinan End. Dry though.

It was entertaining in fits and starts but Johnny Murphy was keen to enforce the technicalities.

Johnny Murphy. A pure and utter gomie. From Ballylanders too, has a man ever been more suited to a place

So I decided in the end to tip into Thurles this evening to watch this.

My God it was hopeless stuff. The wind was a factor and so was the official, Johnny Murphy but the skill level on show from both sides left so much to be desired. So many bad errors and decision making.

Dublin fully deserved it and should have won by more even though I don’t think they are particularly good. Donal Burke is a fine hurler and their backs have a great cut about them. Proper cynical cunts which I admire.

What can you even say about Tipp? Jesus things are very bad. Our rookie full back line were torn a new one and are all playing from behind which is no good. A 40 year old Paul Curran would have better defensive instincts. At least Cathal Barrett will come back and bring a bit of old school shithousery to proceedings. Ronan Maher was wasted at wing half back and only came into it in the last 5 minutes. The likes of Breen, Flynn etc. you’ll get away with them when you’ve Hall of Famers like Brendan Maher/Padraic Maher/Noel McGrath beside them but they are lost without them.

Up front Morris and I suppose Forde were the pick of the bunch but you’re clutching at straws really. Callanan had a tough hour but O’Donnell is unreal in fairness.

I’d say management haven’t a clue. The 2 McGrath’s should have been on 15 minutes earlier at least. As regards gameplan, I don’t know what we’re at. Stuck in no man’s lads tipping and tapping around the middle. Oh ya, near the end we had Noel McGrath hitting frees from 100 yards. What the fuck is that about like? Absolute amateur hour stuff. Loughmore wouldnt resort to that.

5 Likes

What’s was the tackling of the Dublin back like tonight. I have only seen them v Waterford. On that day they were very physical with a few challenges bordering on wreckless. They look to be well up for it this early in the year.

1 Like