Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

You catch any of this yesterday in Corrigan Fagan?

Orlaith NĂ­ Bhaoill
@Orlaboyle99

Infuriating as an

@AontroimGAA

fan to hear the insult “British bastards” being spat at our hurlers today. Seriously below the belt from a Waterford team I’d have respected. So unnecessary during an exciting game of hurling. #GAA #32

2 Likes

Catch it? I’d say he was the one who threw the insult

Pure and absolute scutter. Disgraceful that every time a team goes north this accusation is thrown in their face.

13 Likes

Possibly but sure we rattled them bigtime this time
Good for Munster hurling

I’d have to agree. I don’t believe it.

Looking around it seems to be coming from a few sources and all pointing to the one WD player as the utterer.

Who?

The number 4 is the player being pointed out

Not wishing to be a felon setter if he didn’t say it but all point to the same defender by jersey number.

They went nuclear at half time yesterday, brought on the cavalry and manned up to a man. They were never getting it back, but they were drawing a line. They’ll be like raging bulls come Championship.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same.

1 Like

A player from a Protestant town and all!

1 Like

Was more interesting that cork withstood it fairly comfortably, but limerick’s problem, other than the usual filth, was simple rustiness. Easily fixed this year.
You do just wonder whether acting the Hatton may not catch up eventually. Their other problem is that, like Galway, there is more to be at than Hurling.

3 Likes

@Corksfinedtboy has @thelimericks on the ropes

2 Likes

I think she’s confused. I was roaring it at the Cork lads yesterday

2 Likes

Fuckin disgrace when you think up north they kept the flag flying ( national games) under serious pressure from state backed terrorism over the years

1 Like

I bumped into one of the (unused) players on my lunch break today. He said the abuse thrown at Austin from the crowd was disgraceful. And then as soon as the final whistle went they all ran down to him looking for autographs.

3 Likes

I missed your morning post. You must have been out late with the celebrations.

6 Likes

Austin is a gent and a credit to the Association.

It got fairly heated at one stage in the 2nd half alright. Bit of a schemozzle after which Austin stood over a free inside our 45 on the sideline to an absolute cacophony of boos and shouting. No bother to him, bisected the posts and toddled back to his position on the 40.
During the same passage I had words with an Antrim chap on the bank who decided all the Waterford players were scumbags. In fairness a few locals around told him to shut up aswell.

All in all though it was a very enjoyable trip. Jesus Belfast is hopping. Arrived up 12 Saturday and from that time on every pub was packed.

Off up The Falls then Sunday morning for a few before the match and we couldn’t have been received any better in The Rock. My brother arrived a little after us having been waylaid at the AGM of some residents association down the road. He’d been on the lookout for an early pint and noticed lads heading into a pub. Rocked up,
“Are you a member sir?”.
"Nope just looking for a bottle "
“Grand, the bar is through there”

Before he knew it the top table was set up and he had the Financial Statements in his hand. The good news is they’re in a sound financial position, but have a bit of an HMRC issue.

The setup in Corrigan Park is fantastic. Tight compact ground so you’re right on top of the action. Lovely clubhouse which was well apprecited at half time and afterwards.
I’d certainly recommend a trip.

19 Likes