Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Me too. I didnā€™t do any of the drinking but the ground and the crowd were great. Proper old school NHL game. Plenty of bite in it. Wouldnā€™t fault the Antrim crowd at all. Getting the blood up should be a part of watching any hurling match. Austin has grown up a bit and is well able for the bit of aggro from the crowd now.

4 Likes

Ah yeah, certainly had no issue with the crowd. To be fair I think their ire was directed more so at the ref than Austin. Weā€™ve all been there.

Bisected
I hope.

1 Like

You just couldnā€™t leave it go, you cunt.

That was a lovely piece @Bugsy_Malone.

2 Likes

Galway will win the league and the all Ireland.

1 Like

Iā€™m a shallow human.
It was a lovely read @Bugsy_Malone
Still smiling about it now.

1 Like

Football and Hurling.

1 Like

I watched Galway-Wexford on my iPad while hosting my beloved parents on Sunday so I wasnā€™t able to give the game my full attention.

Could any Wexford posters and/or knowledgeable hurling men let me know what way we lined up in the absence of Liam Ryan and Conor McDonald?

Was it Oā€™Hanlon full back flanked by Donohoe and S Reck? Dunbar seemed to start, did he? Did he play inside or was it ROC and Dwyer in there?

Good to get Shane Reck back fit, he improved beyond all recognition last year and has developed into a very fine, tight-marking corner back. We need that type of player now, if weā€™re reverting to six backs and a couple of workhorse half forwards rather than 7 set defenders.

Think Galway got 5 in a row to level in the second half so encouraging enough then to kick on again. Oā€™Keeffe seems to be playing very well this season so far. Also great to see Pepper playing without any fear. I know the goal was self-inflicted by Galway but he still had a bit of work to do. A very nice point from him after that too.

Looks like Cork at home in the last round will effectively be a league semi final now. Chinā€™s back in training so might get some game time against Offaly before that.

Galway struggling to compete with full time professionals like lee chin and the entire Limerick panel.

1 Like

It had been speculated on here that only the top team from each group would go through to a league final but I am now led to believe that the top 2 from 1A and 1B will advance to semi-finals. Barring a Galway victory over Cork then Wexford should be safely into a semi-final with a game to spare.

1 Like

There are semi-finals. At least the GGA website (I actually typed gga.ie into my INTERNET machine there, FFS sake) is planning games between the 1st and 2nd placed teams in Groups A & B anyways.

1 Like

Apologies, I think I spread the propaganda about the top side in each group contesting the final.

The dangers of MISINFORMATION laid out once again

Good chance alright

Lads anyone having bother buying tickets on the Gaa website?

No, just bought mine. You have to set up a gaa ticketmaster account.

Yeah I have one, must be some issue with linking my card to my account. Iā€™ll suss it out

Dublin build-up play excellent, finishing very poor so far.

Ger Canning remains awful.

3 Likes

Iā€™m liking the cut of Mikey Butlerā€™s jib so far. Barret-esque.