Opinion: Tj Reid

think he came on in 08 final. heā€™s the best forward in the country. whoā€™s better?

He came on in '08 and scored about 5 points when the game was well over from my memory

Thanks for the heads up.

TJ is a great hurler, but for a forward Iā€™d pick Joe, Hoggie or Callanan over him. TJā€™s scoring return isnā€™t as good as theirs. Referees always seem to love TJ though.

Nothing to take away from TJ though Iā€™d still rate him very highly.

TJā€™s scoring rate isnā€™t as good but he does a lot more for the team than any of those players. Heā€™s their main target on puck outs and wins a lot of them, wins loads of frees, sets up teammates more and does generally chip in from play as well

4 Likes

Hoggie :smile:

3 Likes

Tj is better at the nuts and bolts than people think. Winning puck outs is one of his main strengths.

1 Like

100%. Hoggie has been superior to Reid for the last three seasons on arguably a worse team.

:joy::joy::joy:

Ah give it over will you

2017 semi final - got sent off.
2018 semi final - think he got 0-01 from play between normal time and extra time. He was a non entity for most of that game.
2019 - quarter final. Played very well but again when the game was in the melting pot in the last 10 minutes he didnā€™t figure all that much.

One of most skilful players around but Reid is a much better hurler and has been for nearly all of the last decade.

2 Likes

I agree with you TJR is better but to be fair -

In 2017 PH was very good v Waterford : 5 from play & 7 from frees. Sent off harshly enough when game was more or less done

In 2018 he played ok v Lk while being marked tightly by a top defender .

Was outstanding last year v Kk in what was an utter shambles . Kk took over in last 10 .

The one small thing on PH is that he lacks pace .

2017 he was one of the best players on the field. 5 from play if Iā€™m not mistaken. Got sent off when the game was over.

2018 was average. Still didnā€™t do too poorly. Finn was top class.

2019 I donā€™t know what youā€™re getting at there. He scored 3-10 what more could he do.

Reid hasnā€™t turned in performances like Horgan has in average teams. 2019 he was poor v Tipp, 2018 he was invisible v Limerick when they needed him.

Only if he promised to go for a swim with him.

Seamus Hickey, Sean Finn.

Step away from the keyboard.

Very good :clap:

Ah Shtopā€¦ :laughing:

TJ is there since 2007. It was only in 2014 in his eight year on the panel that he became a regular in the starting XV.

1 Like

I think heā€™s overrated in some aspects.

1 Like