Oscars

Nothing says how rubbish the Oscars have become these days when you see Barbie nominated for best picture.

Keoghan was never beating Ke Huy Quan last year, he had him on every level.

Giamatti is the danger to Murphy, but Murphy has him for darling status at this stage. Oppenheimer will sweep.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with Barbie being nominated by the way. And if you are looking for reasons the Oscars have become rubbish, they havent become it this year, or recently at all. Shakespeare in Love winning Oscars was the bell ringer for me, that was an abomination of a year and the worst thing Harvey ever did. Ever. Anything.

Wonka not getting a Best Song nomination is further proof how wrong the Academy get it for Best Song almost every single year.

Parasite was a great winner in a great year. I think I saw 7 of the 9 films nominated that year in the cinema.

5 Likes

A fantastic film.

As was Spotlight and Argo. I liked EEAAO but I get it wasnā€™t for everyone

Parasite was great.

Birdman was superb too and I really liked the Shape of Water.

2 Likes

Iā€™m more out of touch than I thought.
I never even heard of Parasite

You should watch it. Absolutely tremendous film.

2 Likes

Ah jaysusā€¦

Itā€™s only the Oscars lad. Calm down.

1 Like

Some people donā€™t and some people doodle

https://twitter.com/gabagoolmarx/status/1749938922635858093

1 Like

I watched Parasite

I thought it was grand but couldnā€™t believe it won the Oscar.

The scene at the garden party was mental,
Why did the father kill the man of the house, maybe I wasnā€™t paying enough attention but it seemed out of character and needless

I was late to it. Maybe watched it two years after release. I thought it was a phenomenal piece of cinema. Stayed with me for days after.

Transcendental. I think about it often.

2 Likes

Did you see it in the cinema?
That would obviously add to it.
Maybe I had too high expectations, any thoughts on my question about the father killing the rich man, why did he do it?

He had had enough of the rich man being disgusted by the smell of lower class people.

4 Likes

I knew he was seething over that alright, but it seemed over the top.
The man of the house seemed to be an ok guy, and had treated the driver quite well in spite of his misgivings at the whiff

Anyway, Iā€™m glad I watched it, it was good enough 7/10

1 Like

I saw it at home one night. The smell thing that @Fagan_ODowd pointed out is pretty much it alright. Smell is used as a device in the film to distinguish between the rich and poor.

I presumed there was a fair bit of stuff about this online and just googled it myself and there is indeed:

Michael J Fox in a wheelchair, ah lads :cry:

The documentary STILL is worth a watch. A hard watch at times.