OTB (Off The Ball)

You can add the SportsJoe GAA Podcast to that, excellent listening with a really astute host.

:laughing:

A wonderful argument - If you disapprove of anything it is down to jealousy. Can we apply that to everything in life or just when it comes to things that you like that others dont?

You’re trying too hard. Quit trying so hard.

You’re trying too hard

4 Likes

But I’m not using jealousy as an argument about everything in life, mate. That would clearly be preposterous. I’m using it as an argument in this particular case.

Both shows consistently produce high quality sports broadcasting and that’s really all you can ask for.

1 Like

Almost too hard. Almost.

absolutely yes
when abroad radio is very valuable
also on a saturday afternoon in the spring a transistor radio is essential for radio 5 in the back garden cc @Sidney

i love the utterly xenophobic (in an internal sense) coverage local radio brings to GAA
i listened to cork’s 2013 all ireland run on c103 with Tom Knot and Finbarr Maccarthy, to this day ive seen none of that championship.
nostalgia is such that i would listen to it again, i have no interest in watching something a few years later that i grew to love on the radio

BBC world service for second half football on sundays is excellent when abroad also

1 Like

For listening to live sport, yes, and especially in the car. But I wouldn’t put the radio on at any time otherwise.

1 Like

sunday Mescellany on radio 1 is a great program

3 Likes

:joy:

Brian Carthy would have done a much better job if it.

Maybe they should interview you about how you manfully cycled for ten minutes against “a raging gale” along the canal?

1 Like

But there is fuck all GAA on now. His loss will really be felt in a few months time.

Or interview you about how to get a square head into a round hat?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s great. They usually tell you what’s trending on twitter in Nigeria or someplace as well.

Stop trying so hard.

1 Like

Download the CastBox app @flattythehurdler.You’ll get everything you need there.

1 Like

On a bit of a tangent but I see that Norway switched off FM radio last week. I wouldn’t say we are ready to that here yet

A long way off I’d say.

1 Like