OTB (Off The Ball)

:smile:

Classic Giles

He likes to give the impression that he speaks for the common, honest to goodness sports fan (in an eloquent and knowledgeable fashion that the common, honest to goodness sports fan would never be able to express)

2 Likes

Good interview by Gilroy with Bob Arum. He’s in his mid eighties and sharp as a blade.

What about Arum ?

1 Like

My old mate Alan Kelly on tonight’s show.
Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Liam Griffin on at the minute chatting about the CPA and the new football proposals. Joe Brolly waiting on the line. He’s going to cut the back off everyone when he gets his few minutes, I would guess

1 Like

The lads were very upset at McIlroy’s decision to play golf with Mr. Trump at the weekend. They were doing their best to defend Rory and justify why he played.

That was a great segment. Griffin is a lovely lovely man. Its a pity we cant get people like him and Joe into power in Croker.

2 Likes

I didn’t like how Joe belittled Griffins basic good manners in saying that he had respect for Padraig Duffy and that type of comment being symptomatic of the problems in GAA.
An alright sort to rival Corks own John Creedon is Liam.

1 Like

I caught a bit of this and thought Joe came across very badly, sounded half cut. I’d a pain in my neck from nodding along in agreement with Griffin though.

Nodding at the radio like a simple cunt… Pull yourself together, mate.

2 Likes

I do my own thing.

You’d listen to Griffin all day. He has some amount of passion.

Must listen to that Liam Griffin interview. He’s a wonderful, wonderful, inspirational man who gave the people of Wexford the best summer of their lives. The fact that we’ve had so little success since then has only made it all the more special.

I read the speech that he gave in Wexford town on the the Monday night after the 1996 All-Ireland final again recently. It’s just incredible.

Joe’s no shit stance would act as a good foil to Liam though. If Liam could tolerate him of course.

I’d let Griffin ride me into battle

Good cop bad cop

You could never engage in a bit of banter with Brolly, the fucker would repeat it back in terms media like it was 100% serious, like that light hearted response that the GAA president gave him when he suggested he’d be a good fit on some committee.

Good enough for O Fearghaíl. He’s acted like a cunt since taking office. Imagine disrespecting Liam Griffin. That Horan cunt would be even worse

That’s why I didn’t try to spell it, no way that’s right.

It’s not right to report that kind of stuff, it’s like off the record interviews and it sounded like a tongue in cheek response.

1 Like