OTB (Off The Ball)

Hardly be got on the oulwireless in time? Or digital only plans?

A tour de France from Johnny there

“Ahhh , Juno, aah Juno what I mean like? Ahhhhhhh…Sooooo…” :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Decent enough listen… Was seeing a Cork bird around then and the family despised kk… Went to the 08 semi final with them despite the relationship having just finished… Was at the other semi final that year too…

Hope you enjoyed that pointless stroll down memory lane.

1 Like

Listened to the first 5 minutes and turned it off. Ah juno I suppose like

1 Like

Why are you so negative these days?

https://www.cassidytravel.ie/cassidy-golf-deals/off-the-ball-golf-open-abu-dhabi

https://www.offtheball.com/events/off-ball-open-863958

Unbelievable, he’ll have missed Sean Og’s brilliant Sugar Ray Leonard comparison

Only here, mate. I’m positively HIV in real life. Tends to be swings and roundabouts like that with me.

1 Like

What was the last decent match they played out against each other in the championship?

1972?

As a rivalry, it’s probably the most over rated in the whole of the GAA

1 Like

03 wasn’t the worst but you’re right. There was another final when skehan made a load of saves 82 I think too. The 99 final was as bad a game I can remember

1 Like

Cork v kk games since 1982 have been relatively poor . The 1983 was ruined by a gale and 1999 was played in a monsoon .

The issue around the GPA and the socks / stepford wives gave the games a bit of bite in the noughties .

I enjoyed that segment particularly Tommy admitting that he couldn’t give a fuck about them striking at the time and that he’d do the same all over again

Did they go full Roy keane & Viera and pick a combined team ??

They’re obviously trying to ham up the rivalry for the weekend, KK biggest rivals are Tipp, most KK people will tell you that. There is a healthy dislike of Cork people but no more than the rest of the country to be honest

2 Likes

I don’t know much about 1978 - I watched it when TG4 started showing old finals in 1997, but I don’t remember it being much to write home about

1982 was a massacre
1983 was probably the best clash in this list but it was far from a classic
1992 was my first All-Ireland final to attend in either football or hurling and it was no classic - a rather underwhelming start to my All-Ireland final attending career
1999, 2003, 2004 and 2006 were all pox
I attended the 2008 and 2010 semi-finals and both were awful
2013 was a poor match

Plus there’s a terrible insularity to Cork v Kilkenny - nobody else really cares who wins and nobody outside those counties engages on any sort of emotional level

No, there was a bit of faux respect shown but you could feel the disdain behind it all in both of them

History has shown that the Cork lads were right tho — they changed the landscape of the inter-county scene… Tommy more or less said it himself… KK only got better once they did.

Being from Monaghan I don’t have a lot of contact with Tipp people but I’ve always found them really sound. The hatred that every single one of Tipp’s neighbours have for them fascinates me. Kilkenny, Cork and Limerick all despise them. There’s obviously something in it but I don’t know what it is.

5 Likes