OTB (Off The Ball)

The Aga Khan trophy was more Jim Sherwin’s level to be fair.

That’s wrong.

They stopped the premier league highlights. Under ryles watch they lost the six nations, rugby World Cup, European cup high lights and the pro 12.

Couldn’t afford more like…

The Premier League highlights was a waste of money in fairness

1 Like

Around 2006 . George Hook wore a black armband in studio when it became known

I’m almost certain the 08 final was on rte but that was the only game they showed all year. The semi final in 06 between Munster and Leinster was definitely live on rte.

The late @sidney had a great post a couple of years back about the halcyon days of the Heineken cup which was linked to Munster’s continual quest to win it and rte’s coverage and how it completely dropped off once it was no longer free to air. Hard to disagree with any of it.

2 Likes

It was in its Bolox. It was well worth it fifteen years ago before streaming became a thing and before many people had sky.

Look at golf and cricket. I vividly remember the 05 ashes because it was live on channel four. It’s a huge issue for niche sports.

1 Like

By the time it was gone most people had BBC, and MOTD was a far superior product

Oh ya it had run it’s course alright. I remember trying to miss mass so I could see the days games. Then If I missed it I would get up at 5 am or 6 am to catch the replay.

They have an interview up with The Brick cc @Fagan_ODowd

Paddy Agnew was on from 9pm last night. The bit I heard he cursed twice and I can safely say he was on the beer before the interview. Fascinating man

1 Like

I caught a bit of it between 9.15 and 9.30 or so. Always an interesting listen. I would concur on the vino front, it was most notable when he couldn’t remember the words “Italian Football” at one stage.

1 Like

It’s fair enough to say the man was locked

The epitome of cleanliness giving out sanitary tips to doctors. Suuuuuurrrrre…

2 Likes

Twins ?

:joy::joy: what a complete cunt he’s completely made that up

3 Likes

Jesus christ, what a wanker