OTB (Off The Ball)

Yes it was like the Boy Scouts. There was a Catholic GAA and a Church of Ireland GAA. They merged in 1925.

Good discussion on now Joe Quaid and Jamesie on the 90s rivalry

Joe is Oasis and Jamesie is Blur I’d say

The Kerry Mount Rushmore came up on my podcasts yesterday. This could be decent says I, I’ll give it a listen.

Micheál is away with the faeries lads. Gilroy let him ramble on for fucking ever, but even still. He went off on some fucking ridiculous tangents, half showing off his knowledge, half not knowing what question he was fucking answering most of the time. Gilroy of course did nothing to reign him in. In the end, I just gave up, didnt even get to hear the first head they were nominating to put up. It was dreadful.

2 Likes

On the other hand, the Off the Ball pieces with Paul Rouse were truly outstanding. They should be put in an archive somewhere for posterity. The man is a national treasure.

3 Likes

Hello bluey :smiley:

Hey grapesy, hows she cuttin boy?

Life is great pal. Everything is working out really good for me these days. Plenty of fresh air, you can’t beat it. I hope that you’re keeping good mate.

Jaysus that’s cheered me no ends. Ah look, I know there’s a lot of people who have suffered during this difficult time, and while I lost a close friend, in truth I’ve gotten off light. God rest those we’ve lost, but I think there’s plenty of good to take from all of this too. I know I have and hope to continue to.

Look after yourself.

With all the furore, headlines and bluster about this virus I can honestly say that I do not know one single person who has got it. I haven’t heard of anybody, friend, relative or foe. I know no one who has had anything to do with it. It’s like another world to me hearing all that’s going on about it. I can only be thankful for that. Please God it stays that way. Stay cool brother.

1 Like

Given Kerry’s monochrome sporting profile I presume there were nominated 4 Gaelic footballers with one of them being the token female.

1 Like

That’s the joy of being a hermit

Micheál wanted to nominate a fella who was born in Dublin and won an auld Olympic medal one day he was passing by a tennis event in Greece.

If you say so.

Moss Keane
Mick “The Doyler” Doyle @mickee321
Mike Galwey
Shane Conway

Is this still going?

Yep.

Con Houlihan would be a left field choice. That face was made for Mount Rushmore too

2 Likes

Whos Michael?

I think he goes by the name Murkyheartick around these parts.