OTB (Off The Ball)

Ah right, ha.

They are brilliant. Halfway through them at the minute and would have no hesitation on listening back again. The only downside is Mollroy rambling on with their inane questions. They should just introduce him and let him off. Rouse is a great lad.

1 Like

Molloy is an awful poultice, totally in love with himself. As for Gilroy and his “clever” meandering questions…

2 Likes

Molloy is an absolute dose. A posturing pandering sort who believes every one is watching/listening because of him. A wart on sports broadcasting.

I’m not mad about Gilroy but things like his interview with Lance a few years ago show how good he can be.

2 Likes

Apparently Andy Robertson is arguably the best left back in the world now

Drink it in man.

1 Like

Burdinurd has a podcast now it seems.

Who?

Burrinurd Brohgahn

1 Like

He was a top man in his time.

John “JD” Duggan is an awful pain in the hole.

I’d say if he was chocolate he’d eat himself.

1 Like

I’d say John has never held a strong opinion in his life.

He claimed today that he’d prefer Ireland to be playing good football over qualifying for tournaments.

A lot of media are saying that

Kray kray

I was willing to give Spock time but if he doesn’t start getting a few results soon he’ll have to be told to sling his hook

1 Like

Sorry Spock :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Are people claiming we’re playing good football? Good grief.

Good football died on 13 May 2018 anyway.

Yeah, I don’t want to be a negatively nelly about the new regime (despite calling for Kenny to be sacked after he named the squad for his first game). I saw some positives the other night. We were much more organised as a unit and looked far more solid without the ball. The three goals were a mix of bad individual mistakes or concentration lapses as opposed to the systemic breakdown or ramshackle organisation that characterised a chunk of the first eight games. We also scored a very nice goal and there were some occasions when we were able to build up from the back, in through Cullen and onto the attacking third. But it wasn’t like we played comfortable possession football throughout, and certain people are determined to over exaggerate it. Fuck it, who cares if we keep improving and start getting results? Let them say they knew it was going to happen. Everyone can be happy.

I think he should be given until the next Euro qualifying campaign before he comes under any real pressure but some of his carry on makes me think that he is going to do himself out of the job with small beans stuff like the nonsense of saying Connolly might play tonight despite the fact he is back in Brighton.

I thought we were ok the other night but only ok. The first goal was excellent but aside from that we didn’t create another clear cut chance of note and I have yet to see any criticism in the media about how we gave Tadic free reign. I thought Serbia looked fairly comfortable and like a team who had another gear in them which was going to tell at some point and it did. I didn’t think the football we played was particularly effective or a huge step up in term of entertainment compared to the last 15 years or so like some are making out.