OTB (Off The Ball)

It isnt as easy as it looks.

I don’t really listen to their own monologues, but i do enjoy some of the guests they have on/interviews with sportspeople etc.

1 Like

The Football pod which is an OTB production is very good. Tommy Rooney is really clued into the game.

Sheahan and Gilroy are sports nerds/journalists like the Second captains lads, they know lots of useless information yet know nothing about the intricacies of sports. It’s why Wooly and Rooney to a lesser extent are doing so well.

2 Likes

Never looked back.

Very true, he’s really taken off.

TFP is a great show tbf.Darren O Sullivan is very good on the Gaa Hour also.Sheehan is a harmless enough auld fella.I don’t see the problem lads have with OTB.I think Molloy is a decent interviewer,much better than Gilroy who trys to answer the questions he’s asking himself before the guest does.

2 Likes

There is a good choice of podcasts. Choose what you like. I wouldn’t be that interested in football but the football podder came up in my queue this morning with Andy Moran and it is interesting enough. Skehill and Murphy’s hurling show is good.

The Moran interview was good I thought.I wanted him to ask what’s Solans goin to do when he doesn’t get the Mayo job,will he come back to us?What do the players think of him jumping ship?

1 Like

My biggest gripe with OTB is when they refer to John Duggan as ‘JD’. Who is also the worst tipster known to man.

Apart from that they are handy for a sports news round up in the morning & a few decent guests on.

Who would a good tipster be mate?

Faldo was different gravy

2 Likes

Bigs himself up with his track record of big winners this season, is he telling porkies?

Ward & McDonnell have really improved OTB

1 Like

There is a lot bothering you

1 Like

The Duggan apologists arrived quickly.

It keeps me up at night

1 Like

Eoin did a great interview with Tom Ryan prior to the hurling final. He let Tom rant away whereas the others on the station would have been outraged at Toms opinions on certain things. He’ll be a loss

They let themselves down with that crappy quiz.

This never fails to make me chuckle.

29 Likes

It’s absolutely brilliant

1 Like