OTB (Off The Ball)

I listened to one of her preview pieces for the Leinster club football semi finals there back in November; she must have just studied the GAA cliché handbook and got this role on Off the Ball. Absolutely terrible.

@peddlerscross would be great in the role

4 Likes

I figured he was her.

1 Like

is @peddlerscross the GGA equivalent of a footix?

She’s very poor.

2 Likes

I’d make a serious ‘broadcaster’.

2 Likes

Ais is one of the best female commentators around, fairly low standard that it is.

1 Like

There’s something very likable about Ashling

1 Like

Aisling plays for Ratoath. We’d have fierce time for her in the local.

4 Likes

Over exposure is an awful thing. Once upon a time she was the forum’s Fenian princess.

Who’s this fellah doing the gah now? He’s like a Woolie tribute act, I thought Woolie had a bit of a speech impediment but it seems to be an accent???

2 Likes

Slagging a top broadcasters accent…… poor Wollie

What’s this?

Woolie doesnt pronounce his Ts a lot of the time, I thought it was just him, maybe he couldn’t? But this guy sounds the very same

I’m old school. Despite speaking with an accent where I fail to pronounce my Ts quite a lot and say “me” instead of “my” as a possessive adjective, I like broadcasters to pronounce their Ts and say “my” instead of “me”.

This is a matter of basic professionalism.

It’s also why it’s very hard to take people with a League Of Ireland accent seriously, such as, say, Stephen Kenny or that League Of Ireland fan who keeps saying “fuck” when he’s a guest on the Second Captains podcast.

The simple fact is thick variations of certain accents make people sound, well, thick.

I’m nearly certain it was Michael Verney heard a bit in the car earlier

1 Like

Woolie’s 17k lodged in AIB Portlaoise every month crosses all the T’s. It’s all good.

I am not sure if the Dublin crowd think having some fella with a thick country accent appeals to GAA people on the radio. I agree though that they should be able to “talk proper” on thon radio. You can still keep your accent while pronouncing your Ts. That accent / Woolie accent drives me mad.

Midlands accent rather than any kind of speech impediment I would say.

post removed

THere is a football bogger accent like there is a horse racing accent