OTB (Off The Ball)

Moyvane still have the record.

I meant player. It was between a few Listowel heavyweights last I saw.

I dont know for sure but I would imagine its Noel Kennelly.

Con Houlihan used to say it was the beginning of winter but fellas used to bow out on a high.

I remember in 2017 a friend of mine who was involved in some construction activity around Abbey Street at the time ended up pulling stumps for the day at 10am and went drinking in The Boars Head once Sam arrived.

Nah, Mikey had him I think

Best of luck to plucky listowel, the 17th best adult team in Kerry, in the All Ireland Junior club championship

3 Likes

25th best.

There’s 16 in Intermediate down there.

Arva were Senior in Cavan two years ago I think - back to back relegations or something like that. Still play Division 1 up there.

They’ll win this one I think.

2 Likes

Morto for @Spidey

1 Like

Few lads on boards.ie (I know, I know) saying that this more to the subscription model has been a disaster for OTB

1 Like

Commentators eye.

Who would have foresaw that…

I’m shocked

Imagine not wanting to spend a tenner a month listening to those cunts?

7 Likes

They’ll have to row back on it I’d say at this stage.

Didnt even listen to them on the radio. The only decent th ing they do is the hurling pod and skhill is the big draw for that

1 Like

Gilroy won’t like that.It must be killing them that the likes of Parkinson is doing well out of his podcast.

4 Likes

The minute he appeared in the studio with molloy like a hostage video was curtains for the scruffy cunt

9 Likes

Even in the way Gilroy delivered the news of the paywall you could tell he was absolutely the driving force behind it because the rollout had a lovely “zero grasp of reality” tone. I’d guesstimate that even at their peak they maybe had just under 5k and then people quickly dropped off.

2 Likes

You could tell Molloy was against it.

2 Likes

They don’t have the quality to match the quantity. The first hour is just listening to nonsense talk. Hurling pod is average enough and better available elsewhere. Likewise with the football pod, which is well behind Rouse. As for soccer, definitely far better elsewhere in a very hard market.