OTB (Off The Ball)

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER, post: 746894, member: 166”]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/36911145/Burt+Bacharach+BurtBacharach100.jpg

:D[/quote]
Blasphemy

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 746916, member: 1379”]I am with you Shannonsider - grand show tonight. Gilroy is fine. Good luck to the lads that left but they are not so special to be indespensible.

Its a pity RTE wouldnt take that attitude with Bill, McGurk, Lyster, Marty and Dessie. Their Sunday Game, GAA coverage, rugby, soccer etc would be invigorated if they gave the newstalk brigade and the likes of Dara O’Cinneide a shot at it. U d be looking forward to the Sunday game, Championship Matters coming back but then you realise fuck no here come Marty, Lyster and Des again. The whole thing is gone seriously stale[/quote]
It has always been stale.

You are most likely correct. crying out for change at presenter level and a shake up in the analyst side too.

Well the GAA coverage anyway. I suppose Eamo Dunphy was edgy 20 years ago but it is just too predicatable now.

[quote=“balbec, post: 746935, member: 193”]Well the GAA coverage anyway. I suppose Eamo Dunphy was edgy 20 years ago but it is just too predicatable now.[/quote] yep balbec - it was the gaa coverage i was getting at primarily

RYE is quasi public-sector, you don’t just dump a rake of presenters because they’ve gone stale. We’ll have to wait until they all retire.

Or die. Lyster was looking pretty shook a few weeks back. I don’t know how they keep at it, to be honest. As soon as I had enough cash I’d retire. Let some young blood in.

I can’t believe Con off MNS was let leave RTE, btw. He was excellent. I didn’t particularly like him but he fucking knew his stuff on MNS and had the grá for sport which some of the dinosaurs have lost.

I remember last year Duignan was texting on his phone during the Sunday Game. Lyster purposefully sprung a question on him and Duignan made up some bullshit. Almost literally “phoning it in”.

How old is Lyster? He must be doing the Sunday Game since the early 80s

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 746941, member: 129”]Or die. Lyster was looking pretty shook a few weeks back. I don’t know how they keep at it, to be honest. As soon as I had enough cash I’d retire. Let some young blood in.

I can’t believe Con off MNS was let leave RTE, btw. He was excellent. I didn’t particularly like him but he fucking knew his stuff on MNS and had the grá for sport which some of the dinosaurs have lost.

I remember last year Duignan was texting on his phone during the Sunday Game. Lyster purposefully sprung a question on him and Duignan made up some bullshit. Almost literally “phoning it in”.[/quote]

Con Murphy was a topper Thawneen. He could easily have done a job on the Sunday Game too. He was v good on the RTE Radio 1 sunday sports show. Come to think of it he was streets ahead of Philip Boucher Hayes on crimecall too!!

thats about. wishful thinking really that the likes of O’Cinneide, McDevitt etc would get a shot at it

aye poor Michael Lyster still looks a bit on the shook side. He comes across as a sound enough old skin and I have only heard good things about him from those that have been in his company. I am kind of tired of him on the sunday game though.

Hopefully the man is back to looking his best shortly.

Apparently Michael wasn’t well recently. He looks riddled with something anyway

Said to be currently in negotiations with Radio Nova and 4FM to resume broadcasting once they finish their gardening leave.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFKUmh4CAAAi8Db.jpg:large

Spas

Where did you see this?

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 746952, member: 1379”]aye poor Michael Lyster still looks a bit on the shook side. He comes across as a sound enough old skin and I have only heard good things about him from those that have been in his company. I am kind of tired of him on the sunday game though.

Hopefully the man is back to looking his best shortly.[/quote]
I’ve heard quite the opposite and he seems like an awful cunt.

+1

The INTERNET

Saying that he does look awful shook the past few weeks.

:rolleyes: