OTB (Off The Ball)

I met him at an all stars game a few years ago, sound man he is. Thought he looked shook alright the other day too…

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=12px]harmless picture, utterly harmless[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=12px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=12px]http://static.independent.ie/incoming/article29125908.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/OfftheBall.jpg[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=12px]12 MARCH 2013[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]THE team behind the popular radio sports show have confirmed they will be broadcasting again soon - but didn’t reveal where.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]The five-man team of Eoin McDevitt, Ken Early, Ciaran Murphy, Simon Hick and Mark Horgan shocked fans by leaving Newstalk earlier this month.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]“Over the last 18 months we have been in discussions with Newstalk about ways to develop our programme. Unfortunately there are fundamental differences of opinion between management and ourselves about the show’s future potential and its ability to grow an audience at an earlier time," they said at the time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS] [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]“We’re gutted to leave behind something we love but after eight years we feel it’s vital that our product continues to evolve and improve."[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Since then they have been linked with a number of stations including RTE, 4FM and Radio Nova, and they have confirmed via their Twitter account this afternoon that they will return to the airwaves in the near future.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]However, they said they couldn’t reveal where, as yet.[/FONT]

Think he’s not long finished chemo…

Where did you read this?

I was doing some work up near his home place last week and the woman in the house said this too me…I’m there again tomorrow or fri but she did say he had some form off cancer…that’s what I was tod anyway…

Afraid until MBB confirms it with his sources you’ll have to stop posting that

Thats as good as Thrawneens birds mother’s friend story.

Yes, that is the position. He was in Luke’s with a lad I know for treatment. Hope he recovers fully.

Get well soon ML.

Hardly…

I’ll say this once only. That man is no good. No good at all.

Who Rocko?

Are you not getting mixed up with Ger Canning?

Nope.

I’ll take a PM Rocko, if you haven’t removed them of course.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 747134, member: 180”]Said to be currently in negotiations with Radio Nova and 4FM to resume broadcasting once they finish their gardening leave.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFKUmh4CAAAi8Db.jpg:large[/quote]

McDevitt looks a bit like Richard Boyd Barrett in that photo I think.

Feel a bit sorry for Ger Gilroy, he is getting slaughtered on the OTB facebook page. Had a picture up ahead of an interview with O’Driscoll and most of the comments were from people wanting the lads to come back.

I always found the show entertaining but some people are losing the run of themselves in lauding them so much since they left.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 747134, member: 180”]Said to be currently in negotiations with Radio Nova and 4FM to resume broadcasting once they finish their gardening leave.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFKUmh4CAAAi8Db.jpg:large[/quote]

Stone cutters made them from stone.

This you tube clip is scary. Post all ireland sunday game 1995 - main players for RTE on the programme - Lyster, Morrissey, Canning, Spillane and O’Rourke. 18 years later the same old faces and gimmicks out of them. Colm O’Rourke’s glasses are bigger than his face!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5IOq_ny8c

Listened to OTB on the i-phone tonight on the way back from jerusalem, i must say i thoroughly enjoyed the LOI slot at the end of the second hour of the show with stewie byrme and roddy collins, some good banter and informative as well.
there was a rugby football discussion on before that with Gerry Thornley, the poor man has a tremendously annoying lisp, he continually sounds like he is talking with a piece of chicken or something in his mouth

[quote=“mickee321, post: 747786, member: 367”]Listened to OTB on the i-phone tonight on the way back from jerusalem, i must say i thoroughly enjoyed the LOI slot at the end of the second hour of the show with stewie byrme and roddy collins, some good banter and informative as well.
there was a rugby football discussion on before that with Gerry Thornley, the poor man has a tremendously annoying lisp, he continually sounds like he is talking with a piece of chicken or something in his mouth[/quote]

well said mickee321 - Gilroy is keeping the show ticking over nicely. The hysteria over the depature of the others was uncalled for. though I hope one or two of the departed turn up in RTE instead of the old chestnuts. Unlikely to happen for reasons posted earlier