OTB (Off The Ball)

I’m going to step away from the keyboard for a while and reflect. In the words of Sonia O’Sullivan to Tony O’Donoghue after her races in the Olympics in Atlanta - ‘Something clearly isn’t right anyway.’

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 785526, member: 80”]ive thought about farmers post and the only conclusion is that we are in the early stages of a rebrand

there can be no other explanation[/quote]
Let him know the pro’s & con’s of such a drastic course of action please pal.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 785488, member: 686”]Had a listen to Monday evenings hurling analysis…

Of course Joe had a perfect chance to nail Daithi Regan on his constant talking up of this Tipp team. He has been spouting shit about them all year.

Anyway, Joe said nothing.[/quote]

Regan is capable of saying anything. His spouting about Tipp this year is based solely on O Shea coming in to take control of a poor team who’s star is on the wane. Anyone looking at Tipp would see that they haven’t improved any line of the team this year and carrying Kelly and Lar around with them shows a lack of talent in the county or at least poorly picked talent.

Absolutely spot on the mixer walsh. KK under Cody consistently introduce new blood into their panel and this keeps more experienced panelist on their toes. For the past 4-5 years most Tipp supporters could name championship teams before they were announced. If O’Shea wants to build a winning team, he needs to introduce past U21 & Minor players urgently.

As for that Regan chap, he is basically a fatter version of Woolberto Parkinson. Both are pretty poor pundits.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 785498, member: 367”]
Eamo is currently in Lidya preparing for their WC qualifiers [/quote]
Good to hear the management haven’t banned sex for team members anyway. Those Muslims are a lot more fun than is commonly thought.

Bit harsh on Corbett. There is a circus around him off the pitch but he is still a class player on his day, as he showed in patches in the league. Once he is fully fit he could have a big influence on this summer.

Kelly, at his peak, was one of the best forwards I have ever seen. At times unmarkable, lethal when he got the ball in his hand and as strong as a bull. He has stayed on way too long though and is a shadow of the player he was. Maybe should have retired in 2010 or even 2011. He had nothing left to prove.

I’m actually enjoying Off The Balls GAA coverage lately, I like McDevitt but I never considered him that strong on GAA matters.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 785722, member: 1552”]Bit harsh on Corbett. There is a circus around him off the pitch but he is still a class player on his day, as he showed in patches in the league. Once he is fully fit he could have a big influence on this summer.

Kelly, at his peak, was one of the best forwards I have ever seen. At times unmarkable, lethal when he got the ball in his hand and as strong as a bull. He has stayed on way too long though and is a shadow of the player he was. Maybe should have retired in 2010 or even 2011. He had nothing left to prove.

I’m actually enjoying Off The Balls GAA coverage lately, I like McDevitt but I never considered him that strong on GAA matters.[/quote]

Corbett was very good for a couple of years, he was fairly insignificant for the rest of his career.

Similar career trajectory as Dan the Man when you think of it. Burst onto the scene, then did little of note for a number of years before putting a few excellent seasons back to back

Corbett was badly managed for a good few years. Sheedy and O Shea got the best out of him. Ryan made a balls of him. He’s a fine player if properly used.

I’d have Dan any day before Corbett, leave pure hurling ability out of it, Dan would have more heart and honesty in my opinion. Both have 26 goals beside their names at the moment in their respective inter county careers and I reckon Dan has more chance of adding to his than Lar has.

The second captains guys (ex Off The Ball) have announced that their podcast is increasing from 1/week to 4/week shortly.

As Barry Davies once said, “interesting, very interesting.”

If they’ve any sense they’ll sign up a few of us as pundits.

It seems that Second Captains are making a tv pilot for RTE. Filming next Thursday in front of a live audience.

Serious ramp up from them now - it would seem that they think they can generate their own brand of sports coverage and hawk it across multiple media.

http://balls.ie/news/the-second-captains-tv-show/

[quote=“carryharry, post: 785558, member: 1517”]Absolutely spot on the mixer walsh. KK under Cody consistently introduce new blood into their panel and this keeps more experienced panelist on their toes. For the past 4-5 years most Tipp supporters could name championship teams before they were announced. If O’Shea wants to build a winning team, he needs to introduce past U21 & Minor players urgently.

As for that Regan chap, he is basically a fatter version of Woolberto Parkinson. Both are pretty poor pundits.[/quote]

Ah, come on, even Biffo Regan is in a different league to that no-mark knacker.

There’s a great story about…

[quote=“tallback, post: 809427, member: 1158”]It seems that Second Captains are making a tv pilot for RTE. Filming next Thursday in front of a live audience.

Serious ramp up from them now - it would seem that they think they can generate their own brand of sports coverage and hawk it across multiple media.

http://balls.ie/news/the-second-captains-tv-show/[/quote]

Were any of ye at the live show last week? Any good?

[quote=“The Savage Eye, post: 809431, member: 2051”]Ah, come on, even Biffo Regan is in a different league to that no-mark knacker.

There’s a great story about…[/quote]

Cool story bro.

http://balls.ie/football/second-captains-rte-show-gets-green-light/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Delighted for them.

:clap::clap:
great news…I much prefer them to the current off the ball team…