OTB (Off The Ball)

[B]Second Captains[/B] ‏@[B]SecondCaptains[/B] [/URL] [URL=‘https://twitter.com/SecondCaptains/status/371909181328343040’]6m
We’re very excited to confirm that our new TV show Second Captains Live will begin on Sep 10th on RTE 2! Thanks for all the tweets everyone

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 822316, member: 236”]Been listening to Second Captains @ the IT for the last few weeks.

Hurling coverage - bloody awful, I could have done a better job. Nicky English :rolleyes: Its like they comment on the same game week in week out, the same shite over and over again, despite it being one of the best championships in years. Just nothing new. I can’t stand fucking Nicky English.
Football -Not bad, McConville is deadly
Soccerball - Bloody awful. The soccer show is terrible, incredibly tedious, something like what I imagine a night out with @Rudi would be like.

Earley is terrible. The initial humour of the Pierce Brosnan shout out died a quick death. There are some interesting interviews from time to time, such as the Kelly one last week and the general cycling coverage hasn’t been bad.

I’ve never listened to Off The Ball, should I start?[/quote]
You need to get over that Fitzy, he’s a thoroughly alright sort, good analyst too

Pretty good article from Ken Early here about Barca with Messi and Neymar.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/08/messi_and_neymar_will_the_world_s_greatest_player_and_barcelona_s_new_prodigy.single.html

[quote=“tallback, post: 823603, member: 1158”]Pretty good article from Ken Early here about Barca with Messi and Neymar.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2013/08/messi_and_neymar_will_the_world_s_greatest_player_and_barcelona_s_new_prodigy.single.html[/quote]

Sid he wrote it? Thought he just posted it on twitter.

Good article though

Yep, he wrote it. I must say I like his articles; usually written from a different perspective than a lot of other soccer journalism and littered with references to history, arts etc that makes them engaging.

Interesting that he’s beginning to get articles on Slate too i.e. not just staying in the Irish goldfish bowl.

Interesting that he looks like an overeager hobbit in his irish times pic.

Wooly destroying Diarmuid Lyng now.

What topic?

Wooly basically saying the 11 a side craic in Notre Dame was a load of bollocks and only a chance to give a few hangers on a free holiday. Lyng trying to defend it because he was covering it for Newstalk,

Lyng spent a fair bit of time promoting hurling across America so I’d say it’s fairly close to his heart.

Not destroying somebody.

Given that on the discussion of great partnerships a few weeks back Wooly suggested Berkamp and Hartson I’m willing to take anything he says fairly lightly.

Who is this Wooly guy?

He prefers to be called Parky these days.

Don’t listen to the show, pal. Haven’t a clue who he be.

Some lad from Laois that Micko pissed off

:smiley:

Had a right cut at Portlaoise and Laois Club football in general the other night. Calls a spade a spade anyway!

He was caught out royally last night by Brady. Wooly going on how he’s always rated Gooch as best player he’s ever seen,Brady pulls him saying in the car one night just the two of them he kept going on about how Peter Canavan was best ever.
Wooly just goes quiet.