OTB (Off The Ball)

He was at Longtitude or the likes, he put an incredibly witty Instagram on the final whistle, oh how we all laughed when we saw it. He was dead fucking right to criticize the Antrim game though, you didn’t need to be there to do that. Laois football is going one direction and one direction only. Feel free to dig up the Manning Cup result from midweek for proof.

@Kinvara_s_Passion
@flattythehurdler
@Lazarus
@maroonandwhite

Off the Ball discussing the Keady Affair

Newstalk Podcast - The Tony Keady Affair http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/97559/The_Tony_Keady_Affair#.VainKzMbWlY.twitter

Tony liked an aul hint :pint:

3 Likes

Thanks for that. As father ted would say. Didn’t they all like an aul hint?
The Keady thing was badly handled, but it jumped the shark fado fado.

You need Zane.

Ah Zane is a decent footballer, but he lacks a bit of style.

You could get Niall Horan instead.

How can you justify him criticising a performance that he hadn’t seen ?

They lost a game they lead by 10 points at one stage, against a team who had suspended 3 of their own players for playing a SHC game their own county board couldnt have been arsed to call off, and a side who turned up without a full set of jerseys.

Its fairly easy criticise that.

They were beaten by an Ulster team. @Nembo_Kid can run some stats to show why that is a moral victory of sorts.

1 Like

I doubt even he could manage that. Words cant describe how awful that defeat was. Even the Antrim players couldnt believe it.

Was chatting to somebody who was asked to take them over - don’t think he will be able to.

Who is in contention?

Fire me a PM.

I would have thought it would stay in house, Tommy Conroy seemed the obvious choice to me. If it is to go outside, it would want to be fucking decent and not another journeyman.

If Tommy Conroy is overlooked and it’s to be an outsider, I suggest Tommy Conroy.

This reminds me of when Mayo were choosing a manager some years ago and Tommy Lyons and Tommy Lyons were both in contention, or when Ger Cunningham and Ger Cunningham were both in contention for the Limerick hurling job.

a former team mate of Parkinson
Wonder would Parkinson go on the ticket

Was it Chris Conway?

1 Like

Sure people who didn’t even see it said it was a shocking performance altogether

First name that came to mind too @sidney . Might be a bit soon for him perhaps.

I would piss myself laughing if that amadån ever had to coach a team. Bring it on says I.

Not likely. He has an extremely successful radio and television career now.

How much air time did Limerick GAA get on the show last night?