OTB (Off The Ball)

In his defence CM, he might have spotted his parents in the studio

6 Likes

You have to say that’s magnificent.

1 Like

Tbf I’d much prefer if Ireland choked. The reality is the argies are hell of a lot better and completely out classed Ireland in every facet of the game.

Fair play to this euen chap. Listleing to off the ball here. Some very valid and warranted shit raised

Omfg. Did ye hear that muppet who txted in’rugby guys put their body on line soccer players go out sometimes and dont break a sweet’ you couldnt make it up

2 Likes

No I didn’t but there’s nothing quite like the rugby columns to generate a shit load of comments on the indo or the times or whatever.

Obviously there are a few Munster Mick types out to wind up but there appears to be a sizeable number of idiots debating and discussing rugby in a way that only the knobs that follow it can.

It’s like Paul Howard has a million different aliases and is typing them all.

1 Like

Great chat between Keady, Lynskey and Cyril on off the ball last night.

Tomas O’Se is being interviewed by Woolie tonight.

Strange from TOS to have his book launch the night of playing in County Final. Suppose it was arranged a long time. Still found it odd.

Have 2fm canceled their sports show?

What was the gist of the conversation mate?

About how the lads used to go missing from training and go off on high jinks. The time in 88 when Keady didn’t bother going on the Sunday game but was drinking in some hole in the wall in Phibsboro. How he ended up in America. Cyril saying they were great lads to train when they had to. Serious team actually, 4 consecutive AI finals. I am sure @Rocko can throw a clip of it up.

Was a repeat so, yeah heard it back in August.

Great times indeed.

Lynskey, Keady and Cyril used to drink in the Hut in Phibsboro, which was a great boozing pub at the time. They weren’t pleasant characters when they had a few on them.

Gavin Friday used to drink there at the time as well.

3 Likes

heard it last night

fuck me it was dreadful

Ronan O Gara was a “fascinating and charismatic guy”

2 Likes

So they won one match for four years in a row? Incredible.

8 Likes

No. They won one match for two years in a row, then they won two matches, two years in a row and won two All-Irelands as a result. Magical times.

Galway’s feat in reaching the 1955 and 1958 All-Ireland finals without winning a match was even more impressive.

A magical, wonderful county.

Yeah that’s the place

It was fixed for a week after the county final, an unfortunate turn of events that the game ended in a draw.