OTB (Off The Ball)

Let’s hope woolly doesn’t make a bollicks of himself there.

Wouldnt be the first time I’m sure.

Or the last.[quote=“myboyblue, post:1322, topic:5590, full:true”]

Wouldnt be the first time I’m sure.
[/quote]

Could be. He could be kilt.

Roberto Martinez isn’t as connected as his name sounds.

Gilesey is on after the ads.

Listened to this for about 20 minutes in total at various times on Friday evening. It was horrendous. Really awkward “banter” followed by silences, more lame quips followed by some muttering among themselves. Terrible radio.

1 Like

I pointed out the above to mbbb a few times but he refused to do anything about it. These lads started smelling themselves long ago and the levels of self-indulgence and cuntery are off the scale now. Rarely listen to it anymore, usually go for arena on rte if I’m in the kitchen at that time.

1 Like

Friday nights are awful, just awful. That quiz, holy fuck. It’s like they have no idea what do do with the show on a Friday night for some reason which is bizarre given the amount of stuff available to cover over the weekend.

3 Likes

Friday is the worst night of it. If they didn’t have a few soccer pundits calling in they would be at nothing.

Is Friday the night they have BOD on it? He is brutal.

Think hes only on during Heineken Cup weekends, but could be wrong. Dont listen of a Friday that often.

That quiz is woeful.gilroy has always been a cunt.bod is terrible

4 Likes

The quiz is an abomination. Iv really started to dislike Joe molloy again. I always despised him but he won me over for a period but he has returned to smugness personified. He grates me with the smug silences and the forced banter with his ashole colleagues.

1 Like

The ‘banter’ makes my skin crawl and i turn it off straight away. The self congratulatory shtick is also horrendous.

Friday evening is by far the worst one alright,whatever they’re paying o driscoll its not worth it hes fuckin brutal,he has the personality of a mars bar

1 Like

The bantz he has with that “Donny” fella the yank who talks about the US stuff is really cringe, vomit inducing stuff. They have this awful routine now where they have to have this forced banter for the opening 2-3mins when your man comes on because he’s been on it so long as a regular contributor i guess, they can’t just get right into it.

1 Like

To think that once upon a time Gilroy was presenting a show with Clare Byrne would make you wonder.

That ‘Donny’ sounds like an Oliver callan creation.
I couldn’t listen to him. I don’t understand what he is talking about anyway. They give so much time to allow ‘Donny’ talk scutter about topics nobody cares about and Johnny Giles ramble on like he is utterly senile.

Soundcloud is the only job for Off the Ball,no ads no banter just the interviews

2 Likes