OTB (Off The Ball)

Well the way the head starts wagging in the last 5kms of climbs he is definitely clean!

Excellent interview with Joe Kernan this hour. Looking forward to his book…

Heard the last half hour of it and it was pretty good alright. The only book by a gaelic football manager I’ve read was Jack O’Connor’s and it was excellent. I reckon I might make Joe’s the second. They’re a very presbyterian bunch those Armagh boys, a real serious streak to them.

Am reading the book at the moment Tony. Moving between France and Ireland he changed schools a fair bit but seemed to have got on fine in Ireland in Blackrock and the international school in Foxrock. Didn’t find anything extraordinary in what he said though. Half the book if not more is just a compilation of his diaries that he had in the Star and the Indo covering the various tours so avid followers wont really find anything new in a lot of it.

Anyone listen to the Ger Hartmann interview tonight?

Yeah. Fella has serious erectile issues I’d say

Listening now. What a wanker.

Was it a shitload of self absorbed, name dropping bullshit?

Fuck “positive thinking”, this lad wouldn’t know modesty if it came up and sliced through one of his anterior cruciate ligaments.

:lol:

The first text in afterwards was “I think Ger Hartmann should get both the parachutes in case one of them doesn’t work”

I heard him on The Last Word a couple of weeks ago and made similar observations here.

:lol: Beautiful

Christ he has some annoying way of telling a story. He’s like your blowhard cunt of a boss telling regaling everyone with tales down the pub to try and make you think he’s great.

Did he happen to mention he was a “close personal friend of Mary and Martin” (McAleese)

Anywhere That I could listen to this?Is there a podcast?

Get with the programme, Whiplash, (pun intended). :rolleyes:
http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/offtheball/listen-back/

Just go to the Newstalk website and you’ll find it in the listen back section.

I thought that it might have been a case of him underestimating how well known he is and overselling himself as a result, but the more I think about it the worse it gets. What was the point of telling us over and over again how easily he won races? He reminded me of Keith Wood. Boring, rambling stories clearly designed to show how great he is with a slight pretense of making a point about something else.

:clap:

Wood is a self absorbed prick of the highest order.

That’s hilarious, because the night on The Last Word he meandered off an already pointless story about how close he was to Brian O’Driscoll to mention that he was a close friend of Keith Wood.

+1

Jesus that’s hard to listen to. I’d say listening to him for an hour would be much more painful than any treatment he would give you.

“it’s no good unless that interaction is there between athlethe and therapist”

Would you ever fuck off.