OTB (Off The Ball)

Really interesting stuff from Sid Lowe tonight on the history of Barca and Real Madrid and their relationship with Spanish political history. Short, but one of the best pieces in a while.

Anyone hear the Ken Early interview with the walker’s leprechaun? A really awkward conversation throughout capped off by an even more awkward and abrupt ending.

http://soundcloud.co…ts-roy-keane-in

Rugby wanker.

I find off the ball unbearable.
Had it on last night on the way home from work but could only stick it for 5 mins

Graham Hunter was like a spoiled child on it last night - I despise the fucker.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 150994”]I find off the ball unbearable.
Had it on last night on the way home from work but could only stick it for 5 mins[/quote]

It is terrible shite. I like the Johnny Giles bit on a Thursday night though.

I love it. I think it’s a great show.

Me too, best show on the radio

[quote=“Locke, post: 150998”]

Me too, best show on the radio[/quote]

It’s actually not

What is the best show then!

Soundtracks and Musicals on Lyric.

The angelus is better than off the ball.

I think its better than most and certainly better than the shite that passes for sports coverage on RTE.

I’d agree the Angeles is superior for allowing quiet introspection.

[quote=“tallback, post: 151003”]I think its better than most and certainly better than the shite that passes for sports coverage on RTE.

I’d agree the Angeles is superior for allowing quiet introspection.[/quote]

I think the bells ruin it.

It can be excellent at times, especially when Ken is on form. Some of his tangents into the world of literature can be particularly excellent. When it’s bad it’s easy to see why people wouldn’t like it though. On many nights it’s about 90 minutes of soccer, 60 minutes of rugby, and 30 minutes for every other sport plus the news. McDevitt’s interviews can be great, unless it’s an Irish sports figure where he can be unbearably fawning. When it’s a rugby player he’s interviewing it can be sickening to listen to.

Sad to see that some posters have decided to embrace the trappings of boring, safe, middle aged, Daily Mail-reading conservatism.

I don’t listen to it anymore as I found the presenters insufferable cunts

And what did they do with them when you found them?

3 hours of live sports talk 4 nights a week, not to mention 3 or so or more 2 days each weekend. Of course its going to be hit and miss, but the times it hits makes it worthwhile. Give me Off The Ball when driving at night as opposed to most others radio stations. Also their pod’s tend to be class. Fuck the begrudgers.

Well said MBB. Your anti-west ham stance aside, you’re an alright sort.