OTB (Off The Ball)

He was saying it’s only logical. Also was balanced in his assessment of Waterford’s tactics. Said that KK are the team to beat and that they win by getting goals. Setting up to prevent that makes sense.

I think he hit the nail on the head when he said that people want to see new systems fail, but the game is all about new styles and adjusting to those styles. Like Kilkenny did to Cork in 2006.

Enjoyed listening to him. Didn’t agree with everything he was saying, but it was a welcome change from bellowing attention seekers like Daithi Regan.

3 Likes

Yeah, agreed. Regan had to swallow his words again yesterday evening, it brought a smile to my face driving back from thurles.

Was McGrath really injured or just not towing the company line?

Not sure. Conflicting accounts. Himself and Davy have been on bad terms for a long time though. As I understand it McGrath thinks he’s an idiot.

He certainly didnt look injured when he skinned Hanbury down the line.

The never got on everything gose throw mulqeen

Nope :slight_smile:

Did you hear Damien Hayes on Parkinson’s podcast making reference to it?

No… must have a listen now.

Good piece from Canning on it too

McGrath was injured and has barely trained over the last 6 weeks or so. But then again that didn’t stop the management playing other lads in a similar boat against Waterford

he was very good allright wasnt he?
on an unrelated note, well slightly i suppose,
the sunday game was excellent last night, Shefflin is really turning into an excellent analyst, he has a lovely way about him as they’d say on here, he called the Galway game spot on in the indo on saturday and he really spoke well on Clare and Waterford’s failings last night, Cummins was excellent,
Pat was buzzing for the football as well, sewing it into the Ulster cunts calling it a poor overall standard up there and really bigging up Gary Brennan…
a fucking brilliant show

8 Likes

Agree, most I’ve enjoyed the Sunday Game in a while

Really enjoy the Sunday Game nowadays

1 Like

Yeah, I thought the two hurling lads were excellent last night. They seemed to be genuinely frustrated with the Waterford and Clare systems.

id rarely get to sit in on a sunday and watch a game so the sunday game is my lot
most GAA games especially hurling are a shit spectacle anyway so 10 mins really is all u need, they do it brilliantly

1 Like

In saying all that, they’ll revert to the old codgers when the bigger games come along which is hugely frustrating.

im talking about the highlights show only now
Spillane is brilliant at nighttime , its like he has a new lease of life , he’s all fired up
i dunno how anyone could have sat down for 4 hours and watched the whole thing live yesterday with loughnane and cyril farrel,
i watched the first half of the wexford game and it just was a dose come half time,

So am I.

You’ll see Cyril, Gerlock, Daly & Duignan for the Semi Final highlights you can be sure.

The main event is a disaster really, too many adverts & fucking Nuacht thrown in as well. Their analysis is woeful compared to Sky.

Daly’s grand on co commentary
Loughnane is embarassing now, he has no dignity or class, whoring himslelf with controversial comments, you can do that if ure a messer like Dunphy or Brolly, but Ger is just a busted flush now, its sad to see, i think RTE feel sorry for him really

I always liked Cyril in Co Commentary as again he seems to just cliche his way through the program.

That’s only because they’ve all either been tasked with or are trying to come up with ways to possibly come up with the alternative to a Kilkenny Tipp final. Henry and Cummins told it like it was last night. No bullshit