OTB (Off The Ball)

Someone has obviously copped on that Sky’s template bar their terrible commentators is far far better in analysis.

Didn’t Davy call our McGraths auld fella when manager of Cratloe and it all started from there?

Seriously perceptive comments from JJ Delaney on the problems in the Clare setup. Spoke about Bugler, a player with a decade of IC level experience, looking to the line for instructions on whether he should pick up Canning before the second goal or not. He’s 100% right. Players terrified to make their own decisions because they’ll be dropped if they deviate from standing orders.

6 Likes

Derek McGrath: “In the clashes between ignorance and intelligence, ignorance is the aggressor” :grinning:

2 Likes

It was one thing I’ve always said about this Clare team, that they look like they are playing with fear. Missing shots and immediately turning to apologise to the sideline. That can’t foster a good team spirit in the long run.

Davy has made clean shit of that team. I hope he stays another year.

1 Like

The last 2 teams to beat KK have played without fear & imposed their own game on KK.

Davy & Derek McGrath seem absolutely brainwashed with the idea that you must counteract opponents, change your mindset & game plan etc.

KK are the benchmark but you must play to your own strengths to beat them.

3 Likes

“He’s comin like a train Ger!”

3 Likes

Exactly pal,here’s our game take it or leave it ye cunts,at least we’ll die trying,that would be my attitude anyways it’s always served me well

Agree with this. Wouldn’t mind but Waterford have plenty lads capable of competing physically with the likes of KK that they could just go out and play man for man.

Problem now for Waterford is when you say they need to play own game the sweeper system is their own game. Going back to a more traditional set up would need serious adjustment for them

His “Santy’ll get ya” comment about Setanta O Hailpin was as sublime as it was ridiculous. It must have left kids up and down the country questioning everything they’d ever believed.

Cyril is an alright sort. He loves Limerick.

Clare need Michael Bond.

Not sure about this. I think Bennett and Curran in particular will struggle for parity physically against the KK backs and would have similar worries over Mahony and maybe even Shanahan too.

McGrath injured was he realy injured

Joe called out a text 'I hope Dundalk master bate tonight,
First genuine laugh in there since Wooly left.

1 Like

Scripted

1 Like

who the fuck is this lad?

Donal O Neill::rollseyes:

What was he saying about the GAA setting up a bank?