OTB (Off The Ball)

Could somebody quickly bullet point what happened as I don’t want to listen to it?

3 Likes

Listen to it. For the change of tone & utter seethness of McCarron it is worth it.

Gilroy took a giant step up in my estimations but he is coming from an extremely low base.

1 Usual soft soap interview
2 after all you’ve been through you’re an inspiration
3 but but there’s one thing I can’t get my head around
4 the 15 year old.
5 that was dealt with under the laws of Ireland and I was cleared
6 only because of a technical defence
7 you’ve never shown any remorse
8 my solicitor told me I can’t talk about this.
9 Really, you’ve written a chapter about this in your book and now you can’t talk about it.
10. Reads statement from family.
11 I’m not saying any more
12 you portray yourself as a victim.
13 you had to cancel a book launch
14 my friends had come back from all over the world. I wanted to spend time with them
15 you’re not a victim
16 you’ve no idea what I’ve been through. You try to live inmyshoes.
17 no remorse.
18 I’m not saying any more.
19 have it your own way.
20 ends.

7 Likes

You should probably throw in that the statement mentions, to my recollection, a previously unmentioned STD test for the young girl.

And that he threw in a cancer mention there just for the crack at one stage.

There was so much going on you couldn’t catch it all.

1 Like

Gilroy must not have believed his luck when he got the family statement. I’d say McCarron beat the shit out of someone on the way home that night.

1 Like

Definitely wasn’t soft soap up until the underage girl part. Gilroy nailed him several times before that. Each time bad enough to render most interviews a disaster.

His interviews are starting to sound like an episode of Dr Phil.

1 Like

ah yeah
he also mugged off the horsey lads by saying horses were coached , of course we should say trained, a horse can be trained you know, it cannot be coached
id imagine he was just pulling the piss, given that he is an admin on here and all that

2 Likes

One of gilroys best interviews alright. The last 5 minutes is where the real mcCarron comes out.

yeah, and @Nembo_Kid still think the girl’s father is to blame

1 Like

I didn’t hear the start of it in fairness. I only got into the car when he started up the you are an inspiration bit.

Gilroy is an absolute rookie as Lance Armstrong accused him of being himself. He asked Armstrong if he had a motor in his bike FFS. This interview with McCarron was an open goal with McCarron scoring own goals left, right and centre. It reminded me of the D.A interviewing Brendan Dassey in making a murder.

I couldn’t give a fuck if Bibi Baskin had carried it out, it fell into his lap, it was a slam dunk and he carried it out to the letter. Good on him.

5 Likes

Woolly must be seething.

Woolberto sent Jim Gavin home with his tea in a mug. That’s all that matters.

1 Like

Woolly would have given it the old ah come on now Ger you can’t be asking him that routine.

1 Like

#mic drop

1 Like

More like DESPERATELY TRYING TO STAY IN THE PUBLIC EYE.

3 Likes

Hi buddy :heart_eyes: