Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Ashley Young?

Ashley Williams.

We are all over the shop here.

Spare a thought for Daniel James, managed by OGS at club level and Giggs at Intl level. Poor fucker will jack it n by January.

2 Likes

Giggs doing a good job with Wales I reckon. Blooming loads of young players. Play a lovely brand of football.

By what reckoning is that?

I watched them Thursday and tonight. Playing some lovely football.

No wonder the jockos actually won a game.

2 Likes

Henderson :see_no_evil:

Rashford with a belter after 6 and a half

Bulgarian keeper :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Ukraine one up on Portugal

England two up. Only been flicking over and back but Bulgaria are a shambles at the back, although they’ve had a chance of two going forward

Ukraine 2-0 up on Portugal.

Think Portugal can come back here.

Good oul game here in Paris

Ollie Giroud comes up with the goods off the bench. How Deschamps looked at Ben Yedder for 72 minutes is beyond me.

1-1 Kaan

Who’s number 10 for Ukraine? Lively player.

We are getting closer to having the full picture:

As things stand currently (and I’m making a few assumptions/executive decisions here)

I’m making a few executive decisions here, I’m calling Iceland to be the only A team not to qualify:

Group A

For Group B, Bosnia have not qualified and are guaranteed in Group B as a result as they are group winners, Ukraine and Sweden are the other group winners and have qualified automatically. I am making a call on Denmark to qualify and they are the remaining group winners. Austria and Wales should qualify automatically. That would leave Slovakia, Ireland and Norn Iron as the remaining teams who will enter the playoff.

Group B

1. Bosnia

For Group C, Scotland and Norway have already failed to qualify automatically so will be in Group C. I’m making a call on Serbia to join them in Group C so one position remains up for grabs as Finland who were group winners have qualified automatically. By virtue of being the 4 highest ranked teams remaining who have neither qualified automatically Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania should go advance to the play off round.

Group C

1. Scotland
  2. Norway
  3. Serbia

Group D is more or less settled as none of the group winners looks like qualifying

Group D

1. Georgia
  2. Macedonia
  3. Kosovo
  4. Belarus

This would leave Iceland, Slovakia, Ireland, Norn Iron, Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania as being the other teams to make up the playoff spots. It still remains very unclear as to how they will filter in. I have made the assumption that Iceland will stay in Group A but it still remains uncertain who will join them there, will it be 3 teams from the C pot (Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania) or 3 teams from the B pot (Slovakia, Ireland, Norn Iron).