Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Once again the difference of having a top striker available or not at international level. No Haaland no party!

Thought he was gonna grab a second one there.

Eddie Howe’s eyes are lighting up. £20m should do it.

Julian Ward’s time in the Irish League would have him toughened up for a bit of negotiation

1 Like

Lovely finish for the young Belarusian there

Astonishing scenes in Podgorica. Holland cruising to qualification tonight at 2-0 and bang bang Montenegro have scored twice.

If the Dutch don’t win it sets up a big finish to that group on Tuesday.

Holland have not won. An epic choke. Still, at least they’ll have a rabid De Kuip to back them against Norway. Oh wait.

I think a draw is enough for Holland to top the group as they have goal difference and head to head on their side

It would be but if they lose they would be out if Turkey win in Montenegro.

There are France 1993 vibes about this.

2 Likes

I assume Haaland is out for Norway. If they had won tonight it would have been a very interesting game

I just watched the entire 90 minutes of the french match
sublime

They are different class

Very interesting as it is, I would say it’s more interesting the way it has panned out as it’s now a huge jeopardy game, had Norway won by a bit today and padded out their goal difference a draw might have suited both teams.

I really think that late collapse tonight could put the wind right up the Dutch for it.

There are some really tasty ties to finish it out.

Three good ones tomorrow. Portugal v Serbia, Croatia v Russia and Spain v Sweden are all top v second ties.

Tomorrow night is made for a Darren Frehill radio special

2 Likes

hook it to my veins

Watched the highlights of the France vs Kazakhstan game there. Kazakh keeper was so poor for the first few goals that a match-fixing investigation could be launched

Croats will win. Russians have no bottle.

1 Like

two big flags in the middle of the ground with Vukovar and Skabrnja inscribed on them…commemorating massacres of Croats by the JNA in November 1991

A Wales -v- Scotland play off could be fun (if dour)
I’m sure the Cardiff City Ultras would have a warm welcome for the tartan army