Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Italy will go 12 years without a World Cup appearance. Madness.

It’s worse than that. 20 years without playing a World Cup knockout match. Eliminated in the first round in 2010 and 2014. Chiellini and Bonucci will never play a knockout World Cup finals match.

2 Likes

Devalues a wc if doesn’t feature the European champions imo. Not that we complained in 94 mind!

1 Like

Ah god bless you virgin media.

I think you are overly stuck in nostalgia sometimes. You’ve the same feeling re the new GAA calendar. Although i agree with you to an extent.

Sweden will surely get through, they are destined to bore the fuck out of everyone in every tournament until the end of time.

They actually have a few decent players now tbf.

Sometimes. I’d like to think it’s when it’s warranted. Anyway we should be back to the November play offs for 2026. Though that will be a 48 team World Cup, which will be another thing to complain about.

Sweden Czech ET is live on virgin

Quite the turnaround in sporting fortunes from Italy’s last gasp winner in Cardiff on Saturday.

Italy done by an injury time sucker punch and Wales safely through.

Macedonian masterclass :exploding_head:

1 Like

That was an unbelievable goal

2 Likes

I love seeing scenes like that pile on.

1 Like

I thought for a moment you were referring to the Turkey match……Ah well!!

It’s up there with Kostadinov as the greatest sucker punch World Cup qualifying goal.

Dramatic in any month, but think how much more dramatic it would have been had it happened on a Wednesday night in November.

Great Swedish goal! Peak Wenger-era Arsenalesque.

Sweden lead…

Chiesa a massive loss for Italy.

Swedish fans always looked like they get as much craic out of it all as us.

They had one glorious team euro 2004 when for me they were the second best team in tournament. Other than that they’ve been boring to watch at tournaments but have to admire them for getting there a good bit.

1 Like