Paris Olympics 2024

Ya. Cian got 20 million I think for Kilkenny. That Scott brash would pay similar.

Insane money in America. Multi millionaires paying fortunes for horses in Ireland to try and keep the wife or daughter out of trouble.

A local lad was in a jump off in Florida a few years ago with Steve jobs daughter, springsteens daughter and possibly one of the Olsen twins. Roman abromovichs daughter was competing to a high level at one point as well.

1 Like

I don’t follow it, but are there both geldings and entires competing? I thought for some reason they’d be mostly geldings as they’d be easier to settle. The RTE simpleton commenting described one of the horses as a 12yo stallion, there are hardly horses servicing mares and then competing are there?

No but you can take embryos off the mares. They are half breds so rules around thorough breds don’t apply.

2 Likes

What’s Magnier’s involvment then? Is he breeding showjumping horses for sale?

The boxing ain’t doing much for their side mind you

Hi lads.

Fuck off with your horsey scutter to the horsey threads.

2 Likes

Nope.

His three grand children are good. They are personally coached by cian o Connor with the idea they’ll compete with in the Olympics.

He’s just funding it. Essentially throwing money at it.

Ok guys, no one gives a fuck about horses.

2 Likes

@StoneCold you need to take a long hard look at yourself here

You too @neilld

1 Like

https://twitter.com/telegraphsport/status/1819388184687792605?s=46

Can the mods step in here.

As dark a day as I can recall on the board

Just heard the commentary of the rowing gold medal today. PLodge was good.
Imagine the scutter Marty would have spewed out

2 Likes

I think the testers have got wise to a bunch of the Kenyan tactics which has stalled them more in recent years. We could see the 3 Ethopians fighting it out. The ‘Canadian’ may be the flier to upset the apple tart. Always seems to rise to the big stage.

As an aside, great to see someone from the refugee team in the final. Hope they give a good show of themselves. He’s based in Israel so they mustn’t think a lot of him if they haven’t rushed through his citizenship yet.

1 Like

Ireland playing NZ in Hockey and RTE showing surfing from Tahiti. Must have hit the quota for rich peoples sports for the day.

It’s grim showing across the channels right now

Full schedule

Men’s Decathlon

Multiple rounds

Next: Today, 17:00

Women’s 5000m

Round 1

Today, 17:10

Women’s Triple Jump

Qualification

Today, 17:15

Women’s Discus Throw

Qualification

Today, 17:55

Mixed 4x400m Relay

Round 1

Today, 18:10

Women’s 800m

Round 1

Today, 18:45

Men’s Shot Put

Qualification

Today, 19:10

Men’s 10000m

Final

Today, 20:20

1 Like

Competitive surfing is for millenials with rich parents

1 Like

Have the relay team any chance without Adeleke?

A final would be a good achievement without her

2 Likes