Paris Olympics 2024

The showjumping has been a part of the Olympics for over a 100 years.

How is it a disgrace?

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it a disgrace.

You’ve really embarrassed yourself on this topic a number of times.

I’d rather a javelin in the eye than watch it but I don’t mind if others are interested in it.

1 Like

I doubt anyone even watches it. Time to bin it… Most of the horses are drugged anyway like in horse racing

3 Likes

A red.

T&F is a prestigious aspect of the Olympics. Nobody gives a flying fuck about pony jumping.

Ireland have a number of athletes this morning. Stick the ponies over to the news channel.

10 Likes

There’ll be none of them left in this heat.

1 Like

Who do you think you’re impressing with this language? You’ve embarrassed yourself again.

This hurdles race is like the 1993 Grand National.

I enjoy the steeplechase races. Bit mad. Fierce difficult

1 Like

Someone put in when the Irish lads are about to go in the horse jumping

Can someone also mention when the lovely Sharlene and, in my opinion, the slightly lovelier Sophie are running please?

We’ve a great chance at a medal here, it makes sense to show it.

You tell him. It was an integral part of our youth. Watching the Horse Show on the Telly and then getting the sweeping brush and going out and jumping over the bins with it between your legs. Avoiding the four faults. Going to a dance and asking a young wan for a dance and when she’d give you the thumbs down going back to the lads and saying you’d got the three faults for a refusal. Eddie Macken and Carrolls Boomerang, Paul Darragh, Captain Con Power, Harvey Smith, Raimondo D’Inzeo, Paul Schochemohle, David Broome, the Whittaker brothers. These were all household names.

14 Likes

There’s no value in a horse trotting medal ffs.

1 Like

It’ll bump up the medals table. I’d take it. I’d even take a rubby 7s.

Hopefully the ponies will get a hero’s welcome on their return to Dublin Airport. Maybe an open top bus and a congratulatory cake.

Kids had great craic with this over the weekend, this was a tricky section of the course.

20 Likes

The funding for that shit should be going to proper athletes

5 Likes

A fella wearing a shirt and tie is not a proper athlete

2 Likes

The weekend of the horse show in the rds is probably the best weekend of the year in Ireland.

Children absolutely love it.

King Edward was having none of it there