Paris Olympics 2024

The second semi turned out to be a damp squib. Thereā€™s a potential silver here yet

Polish one here is a flier

Polish lady in mix too.

Rhasidat can run 48.60 I think and win bronze. Equally if she doesnā€™t pace it right she could blow up in last 50.

1 Like

Price of Jamaica was second in the betting to win gold and is out.

That was the stacked semi final.
I hope im wrong but Its hard to see a medal for Adeleke. She has done amazingly well to reach an olympic final and is only 3 years into her program.

Based on those semi finals I canā€™t see Adeleke getting a medal unless she is holding back and saving herself for the final.

A fella from Jamaica called Stona there in the discus. Thatā€™s a surprise

11 Likes

Friday night is all that counts.

3 Likes

That Naser had eaten into her stagger fairly rapid. She was probably reeling from being caught and was looking to consolidate 2nd but Jaeger almost ran her down too. There are a couple of athletes in this code that are more than a little suss. Sheā€™ll need a couple to faulter I feel but she has improvement in the locker.

1 Like

Itā€™s a bitch of a distance as itā€™s all about how you pace it. You want to run your own race but itā€™s very hard not to react to others around you.

Her best bet would be a faster runner outsider her who she can run from.

She didnā€™t run a good race but she still qualified for an Olympic final
Thatā€™s how good she is.

3 Likes

I think she jist got very nervous there. At the end of it she put a good distance between her and the field and made sure she got through. Klaver and price couldnt. Her coach says she has a 48 her. I think weā€™ll see it in the final. Some of the other ladies ran pretty hard there and may feel it when it counts on friday. Im gonna say she medals.

4 Likes

Menā€™s 400m now. Watch how they pace it. You canā€™t just sprint 400m.

1 Like

Does 6th fastest qualifier for the final equate to lane 3 or 8? Not sure what would be better. She just admitted in the interview that she panicked & lost her form late on. Said it was a messy race from her perspective & false start & long wait before going off again unsettled her. These are things that can be corrected for the final.

1 Like

I found this fascinating in terms of each segment of the 400m race and pressure it puts on your nervous system. The toughest race on track.

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1820989595821236719

7 Likes

Hopefully she does. As she said it was a messy race and the Dutch one messing up on the first start didnā€™t help

Quincy Hall!!!

What a comeback!

From the depths of hell!!!

9 Likes

Extraordinary

Heartbreak for Hudson-Smith and Great Britain.