Paris Olympics 2024

Did kaczmarek lose a leg?

1 Like

I thought I saw it mentioned here that she was puking so much in the mixed zone after the race she couldn’t do any interviews? Maybe I’m mixing her up with someone else

2 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/08/world/europe/basketball-commentary-ireland-timmy-mccarthy.html

4 Likes

Is that Britney Griner playing for the US women’s team the same girl who was imprisoned for about two years up until recently enough by Russia? Some turnaround for her if so.

Wiffen starts the 10km in 8 minutes.

She did an interview with Polish TV but sounded quite unhappy. Not sure if that was before or after the puking.

1 Like

Takes around 2hrs, brutal.

This is bananas

No excuse for lads to be stopping for a drink here.

1 Like

The Hungarian favourite out in front looking to make all.

The judges in the boats next to them blowing whistles :grinning:

This guy is the referee.

Nick O’Hare is talking about what’s in the Seine and the sort of things swimmers should expect to end up in their mouths. “There’s sewage, and soil erosion, and animal faeces, and cryptosporidium.”

John tells Nick that viewers are eating their breakfast.

“All the things you want to hear about while eating your breakfast!” and then goes into a tangent about how cryptosporidium is almost as difficult to pronounce as Kromowidjojo. “There was a swimmer called Kromowidjojo and I only learned how to pronounce her name last year.”

Nick tells us he’s been to All-Ireland finals and he was there the day Jason McAteer put the ball in the Dutch net but the atmosphere at the swimming in Paris beats everything he’s ever been at.

“There was a lady playing harp music before it and it just built and built and built.”

This event justifies itself for this commentary alone.

5 Likes

Wiffens medal hopes sinking to the bottom of the Seine.

Grabbing the bottles of water, splashing around and half the bottle ends up full of pisswater.

It’s like a pool party on Koh Phangan.

A fella getting booked now

Jesus the co commentator has one monotonous voice, Eamon Fitzmauricesque.

Wiffen is in in the poursuivants group. This Wellbrock chap from Germany looks the man to beat.

Paltrineri from the 800 and 1500 is having a great race and right in the hunt.

Wiffen 1 minute and 27 seconds behind at the half way point. He’s well out of the medal hunt.

Why can’t I swim like Wellbrock, the cunt is running on top of the water, beautiful to watch? I know that being a plump 61 year old may be a barrier. Kenny and O’Hare discussing libations now, but wine for themselves, and electrolytes for the swimmers

11 Likes