Paris Olympics 2024

Twould be blasphemy

That is utterly ridiculus from Curry

4 Likes

Like a cartoon

It’s as good as Ian Poulter’s performance holing putts in the Saturday night foursomes at the 2012 Ryder Cup.

Curry is a classless punk but a good shooter tbf

1 Like

Roy of the Rovers stuff.

If the US is allowed play basketball at the Olympics we should be allowed play hurling.

5 Likes

You can do nothing against that

I’d never trust an Ohuougu

Mid to late 20’s peak for a 400 metres runner. Adeleke at 25 will be approaching and close to her peak for LA in 2028. Becker and Mawdsley at 31 and 30 are at veteran stage.

1 Like

The last two minutes there was peak Steph
He’s been mind blowing in the last two games

Mawdsley will still be technically 29. The LA Games start July 14th, 2028 and the Athletics will be in the first week rather than the second which means the corresponding final should be down for Sunday July 23rd, 2028 which is 206 weeks away rather than the 209 weeks you’d normally expect. Those three weeks could make all the difference for our women’s athletics relay team but the loser will be that day’s All-Ireland hurling final.

3 Likes

Yes, turning 30 has a big impact on a woman. I’ve seen it in some of my friends.

9 Likes

The All Ireland Finals will probably be played off by the end of June by the time we reach 2028.

That’s unseasonally early for an Olympics in 2028. They’ll be done and dusted before the month of July is even out. Last time that happened was Paris in 1924.

1 Like

They haven’t given me a reason why we need the money we spend.

My sense is that the industry is flooded with money and they then get profits which are pocketed all over the shop.

I grew up treating Gold Cups as like Winning Streak winning spin the wheels but every year they try and convince us that it is a sport.

Atlanta was slightly early too, starting July 19th and ending August 4th. I presume this has to do with US television not wanting it to cut across NFL pre-season coverage. The NFL should go and shit in its helmet. Everything else should work around the Olympics. 2032 returns to the exact same dates as the 2021 Games in Tokyo. I prefer a mid to late August Olympics myself. Peak athletics season to me is in or around the second half of August.

The September timing of the World Athletics Championships next year is interesting. Despite the time difference it should have the Irish sports media landscape all to itself and I wonder would RTE make a bid to cover the championships for the first time since, I think, 1995.

Well be more worried about 400m splits than split seasons

The All-Ireland football final this year suffered greatly from being held on the opening weekend of the Olympics. The post mortem was the Sunday evening and that was it. By the Monday morning it had been forgotten. A far cry from Armagh’s previous All-Ireland victory in 2002 which captivated the country with the post mortems lasting long into the winter.

2 Likes

Why will the Athletics be the first week? That’s all wrong!

What bright spark came up with the idea of athletics before swimming in LA?

This is GAA split season levels of sports administration.

3 Likes

It didn’t suffer at all. G stands for geezer I suppose is the song of the summer.
I think ye make some good points about the split season but the semis and final across both sports all but proved ye wrong in one fell swoop.

1 Like