Paris Olympics 2024

The tactics of hockey appear to be very similar to Gaelic football.

Full text of the tweet from @Mac

1 Like

Anyone have a channel for the rowing or swimming? This hockey is stone useless

Try both Eurosport channels

1 Like

Have the rowing on Eurosport 2. Have the swimming but with German commentary on the dodgy-box.

Diving and Rowing on Eurosport

Impressive from Cremen and Casey. Miles too good for the rest of the field

Which stream is the swimming on?

Edit - have it on some USA channel

Ellen Walshe finishes 4th in the semi but no clue if thats enough to get into the final

She’s into the final with the 7th fastest time

3 Likes

@Mac how dodgy is Wiffen? I’m really getting the vibe RTE are trying to keep him under the radar.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know much about swimming but there does seem to be something very odd about the lack of hype around him given he’s a World Champion, and could likely win 2 Gold medals.

2 Likes

There is huge question mark over an Irish man that self confident and arrogant.

He’d be one of the very few Irish competitors I’d be worried about.

https://twitter.com/reduxxmag/status/1817263397706015193?s=46

:grinning::grinning:

Nick O’Hare is not in the insulated freight container with John Kenny this morning. This worries me.

Is it not to do with him being from up here? I’ve seen very little chat about Rhys McClenaghan too, I assume for the same reason as his showing on Saturday was fairly spectacular. Other than Ciara Mageean I’m not sure any northern athletes attract much interest.

I thought ye were talking about whether the juice was loose with his levels of improvement

1 Like

I think RTÉ love McClenaghan tbh. But maybe they don’t want to do him a disservice; they hyped him up some amount the last time.

The infamous Super Sunday last time where RTE promised us 3 medals and we finished with none

1 Like

I said it a few weeks ago about Wiffen, very strange there’s such little hype. Even Mona McSharry I had no idea she was a medal hope until yesterday