People Are Weird And Stupid

Examples in this thread please:

Two incidents in the pub yesterday evening immediately spring to mind.

We were sitting at the bar and this lad comes up and orders two pints of Heineken. The bar man places them down on the counter and takes the money and then the lad goes, ‘I’ll take this one. Can you carry down the other one for me?’

A short while later another lad comes up to the bar and asks if they have Bud Lite on tap. The bar man says they only have bottles to which the lad tells him to get two bottles and pour them into a pint glass. His drink came to EUR9.40.

I must clarify that these people had all arrived into the pub to watch France-England in rugby football union so this perhaps explains their incredibly odd behaviour.

people setting up useless websites comes to mind…

I know this one person who gets a barstool and places it in the service area of a particular pub just so that the barman tells him to move so that he can start a row!

Fingal Raven. Enough said.

thepiedpiper

whats with the personal abuse flango?

whats with the personal abuse flango?

Isn’t a man asking for a bud light a stupid question in it’s own light, what kind of MAN drinks Bud Light with the exception of Harlem men who are pissed after two bottles anyway!!

Jaysus the New Yorker banned again I see, some things never change!!

To add an international flavour to this discussion- it is the style of the times in China of late to wear your t-shirt/string vest pulled up over your nipples, sometimes with a knot tied in it. Not sure what the point of said style is, as it applies to men only. It is usually the preserve of older gents(35-85) but the odd youngster follows suit. I presume this fashion has yet to hit Ireland.

Juhniallio wrote:

To add an international flavour to this discussion- it is the style of the times in China of late to wear your t-shirt/string vest pulled up over your nipples, sometimes with a knot tied in it. Not sure what the point of said style is, as it applies to men only. It is usually the preserve of older gents(35-85) but the odd youngster follows suit. I presume this fashion has yet to hit Ireland.

That’s patently ridiculous. But here’s something more traditional and equally ridiculous. You’re waiting for about 10 minutes for a Dublin Bus to arrive and see there’s another dozen or so people doing similar. Most normal people get the money ready but there’s always one person, and it’s usually a bird, who waits until the bus arrives, barges to the front of the queue and then spends about 5 minutes going through her wallet / purse to find the exact change.

These people should be taken, via Dublin Bus, to a greenfield site near City West where they would get kneecapped.

The same applies for people in ATM queues who wait until they get to the machine before rooting around for half an hour to find their card.

TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR WALLET AND HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND IN THE QUEUE.

Bandage wrote:

Juhniallio wrote:

[quote]To add an international flavour to this discussion- it is the style of the times in China of late to wear your t-shirt/string vest pulled up over your nipples, sometimes with a knot tied in it. Not sure what the point of said style is, as it applies to men only. It is usually the preserve of older gents(35-85) but the odd youngster follows suit. I presume this fashion has yet to hit Ireland.

That’s patently ridiculous. But here’s something more traditional and equally ridiculous. You’re waiting for about 10 minutes for a Dublin Bus to arrive and see there’s another dozen or so people doing similar. Most normal people get the money ready but there’s always one person, and it’s usually a bird, who waits until the bus arrives, barges to the front of the queue and then spends about 5 minutes going through her wallet / purse to find the exact change.

These people should be taken, via Dublin Bus, to a greenfield site near City West where they would get kneecapped.

The same applies for people in ATM queues who wait until they get to the machine before rooting around for half an hour to find their card.

TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR WALLET AND HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND IN THE QUEUE.[/quote]

Yes, the bus incident has happened to me these past two mornings (girls rooting around in their purse both times) and on countless occasions in the past. It really is incredibly stupid. Do they not learn? The worst is when it’s 50/50 as to who should be going first. Chivalrous as I am I tend to step aside if it’s a girl I’m jostling for position with. When you do that and then she whips out her purse to find her fare, you feel like picking her up, placing her out of your way and stepping onto the bus yourself. Obviously this proves more difficult when you’re dealing with a Two-Tonne Tessie.

The bank machine thing is a huge annoyance. Recently I had someone use [size=4]3[/size] different cards on the one machine. I think if you intend to do that you should have to step to the back of the queue when you want to use a different card, its a complete arsehole way doing things.

People who use ATMs are stupid anyway, get yourself a Laser card, go to the shop and get cashback ya twat. Here’s a list in my opinion of the most stupid money related things.

1. Paying bills in the post office
  2. Anything got to do with the Credit Union
  3. Paying bank charges
  4. Cheque books
  5. Not returning Dublin Bus change receipts
  6. Buying a train/Bus ticket to Limerick
  7. Paying a surcharge on mobile phone top-ups
  8. Shopping in CD stores when there is no sale on
  9. Giving travel agents commission
  10. Buying tickets to Dublin Zoo or Fota Wildlife park (unless your positive the bird your taking to the zoo is gonna sex you up afterwards)

Anybody who does anything in the above list needs a brain Surgeon.!!!

BenShermin wrote:

People who use ATMs are stupid anyway, get yourself a Laser card, go to the shop and get cashback ya twat. Here’s a list in my opinion of the most stupid money related things.

1. Paying bills in the post office
  2. Anything got to do with the Credit Union
  3. Paying bank charges
  4. Cheque books
  5. Not returning Dublin Bus change receipts
  6. Buying a train/Bus ticket to Limerick
  7. Paying a surcharge on mobile phone top-ups
  8. Shopping in CD stores when there is no sale on
  9. Giving travel agents commission
  10. Buying tickets to Dublin Zoo or Fota Wildlife park (unless your positive the bird your taking to the zoo is gonna sex you up afterwards)

Anybody who does anything in the above list needs a brain Surgeon.!!!

Excellent list there Ben.

Do you actually mean people should return Dublin Bus change receipts or is it a typo? Surely it’s only sad, poor losers who store all these bits of paper and then go in every once in a while and get some pathetically low sum back?

I get around 45 a year by returning slips, I always pay a 1.60 fare with two Euro. I ain’t gonna be like the others getting on the bus fiddling for change.

It is funny to see the junkies on the Ballyfermot buses searching under the seats for the change slips.

A guy sitting beside me on the bus this evening

He looked foreign and had a Barcelona bag so I assume he was Spanish. He spent the entire bus journey - some half an hour - staring at a tiny piece of paper with the words of the Our Father and Hail Mary on it.

People

I’d some muppet beside me on the 78 this evening, he was well worse then Hitler, you wouldn’t find hitler listening to blaring jungle music at 5.30pm!!

You get on a bus and sit on a seat. The bus the bus then becomes packed and some random stranger sits beside you. You are going all the way to the last stop and it just so happens that as the bus empties with each stop you realise that this stranger could be going most of the way also. What annoys me about this is that as the bus empties and seats become free, the stranger stays in his/her seat and doesnt move to any of many seats that become available. I was once on a bus that became totally empty on the top deck and yet this tit stayed beside me for the whole journey!

I tend to do that myself, I start to go on a mad OCD phase of what will the person think of me if I move seats, so I stay there and make the situation worse!