People Kev knows

He just doesn’t get it.

I completely understand why GAAGo would use the Munster SHC as a hook but it’s just fucking wrong.

The GAA needs to be commercial but equally its focus should be to cover cost and progress appropriately.

The mentality in Croke Park is bizarre.

Ticket prices are too high for all games. Cut the prices and fill the stadiums.

Give kids free tickets. A fiver for a 5 year old. It’s smal money but it’s miserable.

10 Likes

You can criticise the GAA for lots of things but a fiver for a child u-16 at a senior intercounty championship match is great value.

3 Likes

It’s petty.

Cracking post. Maybe we don’t have as much differences as I thought.

If you didn’t charge a fiver lad you’d have parents bringing kids who aren’t even interested in hurling

I don’t have a huge issue with a fiver for kids tbh.

But the rest of your point is fair; I don’t think they need to be charging those kind of price levels. But there’s also this weird thing of playing matches in stadiums that are way too large for the appropriate match and the thing about the ‘honour’ of playing in Croke Park. Absolute rubbish imo.

7 Likes

Whatever about the money, it’s annoying there’s a charge but I’ll live with it.

But the fact that they’ve ballsed up the app so it can’t be easily casted to a TV. That’s unforgivable.

4 Likes

They should try and target selling out both hurling semi finals. Even if everyone gets in free.

In regard to Munster Hurling Championship being the hook, it reminds me of when UFC really wanted to push UFC Fight Pass and started putting Anderson Silva on Fight Pass exclusive fights as part of a UFC event. Didn’t go down well and now Fight Pass is just complimentary to the main stuff, the way it should be for GAA Go - No need for overblown production - Can just be kept simple and people who want it will still get it

Sometimes less is more. That pre season comp before the league should be gone and so should league semi finals.

Makes little sense to have league semi finals which nobody really cares about and then have vital championship games within six days of each other.

I thought it was easily cast? Did I miss something?

One of the Limerick’s (I think it was @glasagusban) was more or less calling me a simpleton a few weeks ago for finding it difficult to connect up/‘cast’ a game from GAAGO onto the TV.

Based on the last couple of weeks it seems like there are thousands in a similar position.

At the Tipp v Cork game at the weekend for the 15 minutes before throw in, I spent it on the phone talking to my father trying to instruct him how to login on an Ipad at home. (He had pressed some button inadvertently, after I had logged him in before leaving). Eventually we got sorted thankfully and I was genuinely nearly crying with joy when he told me he could see Bubbles’'s face on the screen doing punditry. Such a releif.

That type of stress though takes all the good out of it as far as older people are concerned. How hard can it be to add a GAAGO channel to the Skybox similar to RTE News Now? Racing TV add a separate channel at a few days notice for Stephens Day Racing each year FFS.

I dont think anyone would crib about 79 euro for the whole thing if such a channel existed, but in typical pig ignorant GAA fashion they’ve gone about it in an abysmal way.

7 Likes

Put TeamViewer on the iPad and on your phone. You can access the iPad for him from your phone.

Thought you were a United supporter?

Should get @habanerocat to do a step by step guide here on this

Agreed - Although those pre-season comps would be the exact things I’d expect to be on GAA Go - Kinda sickens me to see the Provincial Councils/LGFA/Camogie Association allowing third parties like Clubber etc. to take a massive cut when they could just have it all on the one platform anyway

3 Likes

The league can be the preseason. You aren’t having two blitz’s with the good action squeezed to death.

1 Like

True actually ya

Instead of that extra pre season shite then just have challenge matches where wanted

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1668896770053505025?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

I thought this was a smashing tweet by Kev earlier. Constraints based approach advocate & S&C practitioner concludes the major constraints Irish S&C practitioners are forced to operate under…make them the best S&C practitioners in the world!

5 Likes