People with a great future behind them

Ross Barkley

more of a show pony than ronaldo and hit the deck a lot easier.

Ah he got awful treatment early on in his career. That he took to diving to save his legs and sanity shouldnt be held too much against him given how he would have seen how a lot of his countrymen ended up.

That he didnt develop his game in his 20s is the real tragedy.

A great great player who will unfortunately probably be remembered for wasting most of his career

3 Likes

Dya see the goal he got at the World Cup against Croatia? Unbelievable player. Drove PSG and Barca to European finals, winning with Barca. Supporting cast too often not good enough I think. Likes of Richarlison and Chupo Moteng in recent seasons for club and country.

Should never have leftBarcelona and that is probably the beginning, middle and end of it. Brazil have been to paraphrase @peddlerscross ā€˜fundamentally uselessā€™ for most of his time. Especiall since the 14ā€™ WC. Richarlison and Fred racking up caps.

1 Like

He actually didnā€™t leave too many honours after him.

This could be massive for the Saudis. Heā€™s a HUGE name in the game

part of the biggest load of shite ever seen too.

2 Likes

Shocked Champions League GIF by UEFA

I think heā€™s getting a harsh time of it.

People forget how truly brilliant he was early doors for Barcelona.

Much like Ronaldinho once he won the champions league his form well off a cliff.

The big difference is he never won the World Cup but he didnā€™t exactly go hiding either and I donā€™t he can blamed for brazils defeats. He came up with a couple of spectacular goals in world cups which would be remembered forever if Brazil won it out.

Heā€™s a kid from Brazil. What fucks does he really
Give about European football. I remember most of us in school knowing about him when he was 16/17 and he was already incredibly wealthy. A lot of the Brazilian players seem to have more focus on the Brazil national team which I almost admire. What happened in 2014 when he lit up the World Cup could have scarred him as well but it didnā€™t.

He is most famous active Brazilian footballer too for the last decade or so which most take its toll on you at some point. heā€™s possibly unlucky to have come around just after Messi and ronaldo who are freaks and freaks over an incredibly long period also.

Itā€™s a pity he didnā€™t stay at Barcelona but heā€™s good career truth be told for all the slagging heā€™s gotten.

2 Likes

Ronaldinho from 2003-2006 was as good as the world had seen since Maradona. He was out on his own as the worldā€™s best. Neymar was never near that. Even if Ronaldinho did nothing after 2006, what he did for that time stands by itself. He led Barcelona out of their slumber. He had played a leading role in winning the World Cup.

Even at his peak at Barcelona, Neymar was always the third wheel after Messi and Suarez.

Neymarā€™s career has been a pretty big disappointment given the expectations placed on him, but more importantly the expectations he placed on himself. His camp let it be known in no uncertain terms that he expected to be the top man at a major European club and expected to be winning Ballon dā€™Ors. He never even got near winning one.

5 Likes

Neymar was vastly superior to SuƔrez at Barcelona. They ran Ronaldinho out of Barcelona when Messi came along.

Ronaldinho was bitterly disappointing v arsenal in that 06 CL final too and was useless in the World Cup in 06. He was pretty much done.

He had an incredible peak but not much more than four years.

Neymar was probably more gifted than Suarez but Suarez was far more integral to Barcelona winning football matches, and to their respective other teams winning football matches.

Ronaldinho effectively retired the moment Barcelona won the Champions League in 2006. He stopped being a serious player from that moment. He just wasnā€™t arsed any more.

2 Likes

Great talent alright, actually a great player? Iā€™d say heā€™s a cod.

I remember him being really poor in the final in 06 too.

Remember it was Neymar who stuck the free kick and penalty then assisted the 6th goal in the greatest champions league come back of all time bar the 99 final.

Both Messi and SuƔrez were left looking on.

1 Like

He was absolutely a great player

Theo Walcott

The cruciate was a killer.