People You Don't Know But Suspect Are Smelly

A very decent man. And who here among us isnt a bit deranged on a sideline from time to time.

1 Like

I’d be of the view that this handshake thing has been misrepresented, mischievously so, by the media. Cody is a decent skin at heart and I’m sure he meant well giving the lad a long handshake. Moment got a bit awkward is all I’d say. Lot of emotion there and fellas not really knowing how to react in public.

12 Likes

A decent man doesn’t try and assassinate the character of a ref who’d lost his wife tragically not long beforehand.

He’s a belligerent cunt which may have made him a great manager but he carries himself like a petulant child when things don’t go his way.

I’d imagine he was seething at being rode rotten by the Cork Umpa Lumpa.

You’re on the money there as usual.

I’m always minded of the time Joe Canning wanted to charge St.Thomas’ 5k to open their new field some years back. Cody said he’d do it for free if they played against his own u14s or 15s.

some lads are only decent once you do everything they say… You see the real side of decent people when they meet conflicting views or opinions and can live with them …

Who can forget the manner in which he confronted Marty Morrissey in an interview after a game. Marty is a harmless enough aul sort and I doubt was ever caught in a controversy before or since.

Cody just hates losing and I think the age old question of how Cody would do in another less heralded county than his own got put to bed. Simply put it would never happen or get off the ground as he is Kilkenny through and through. His heart wouldn’t be in it. I think part of him is perplexed at how you could ever coach against or plot the downfall of your own. Wrestling with the mindset of how you could drive past Eoin Cody or TJ Reids house and try and put the shackles on them after all they have been through. Cody is a very decent skin behind it all though.

I do think on the face of it the handshake probably looked worse than it did especially in slow motion. It is only sport too and I’m sure Henry would give back all his All Ireland medals to have his brother back. The both of them came to that embrace from 2 entirely different places and mindsets. Cody livid with the final refereeing decision and wanting to remonstrate with Colm Lyons and Shefflin probably still thinking of his brother and parents as he admitted to Mike Kiely as to what his thoughts were when Cooney was standing over the free.

Im sure if they meet down the line Cody will put the whole thing to bed. Provided they win of course. :wink:

9 Likes

You’re not wrong there. Lads are projecting their own insecurities onto things here because of preheld views that they are intransigently holding onto.

A gentleman

2 Likes

You only “suspect” it……Take it to the bank.

First time i’ve seen him in a while out of that waistcoat. Lads gone nuts.

Apparently gnomes don’t smell.

Gareth Ainsworth

4 Likes

Buff Egans video on the luas full of Clare Roasters. I assume an insult to the nostrils

1 Like

170px-ColinFarrell07TIFF

The lad in the Limerick jersey I saw walking around town earlier. I’d say the second day on the Porter in an acrylic jersey in a “heatwave” ain’t pretty.

1 Like

ah leave him at it. probably the first time hes lived, not existed since he got married.

he’ll face his comeuppance when he goes home to mrs sullivan

1 Like