Pet Hates - Part Deux

#1. People who give up drink for January. These people are absolute weiners. They’ll fancy a pint this evening or at some stage over the weekend but then look at a calendar and think, ‘Shit, I can’t. It’s January.’ Imagine letting a calendar dictate whether you’re going to go on the lash or not? These people are the type who clog up your local at Christmas and New Year even though they’ve barely been there during the year and are the reason why taxi queues are so ridiculously long at this time of year also. Then because they’ve been out 3 or 4 times in a week over Christmas they decide they need a month off before they can even contemplate going out again. They should be barred from public houses all year round, the boring bastards.

Live and let live Bandage you bitter twisted puppy.

I said something along the same lines before christmas in this thread:
http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2068&highlight=professional+drinkers

You used this tactic yesterday. Or have you forgotten? Either way you’re a fool / tool.

Point of order: ‘Live and let live’ is a ridiculous statement to make at any time. In that case it’d prevent people being brought to justice for murder for example. More importantly it’d also mean you’d be prevented from making fun of other people.

#2. Birthdays in work. As I said on another thread I was given the responsibility of looking after getting the shit together for Shans birthday. Then today we have a sterile “presentation” of the cake and card. Whats the point in it at all?

To make Shan feel special, to make him feel like it was his day, and his day only.

[quote=“Bandage”]You used this tactic yesterday. Or have you forgotten? Either way you’re a fool / tool.

Point of order: ‘Live and let live’ is a ridiculous statement to make at any time. In that case it’d prevent people being brought to justice for murder for example. More importantly it’d also mean you’d be prevented from making fun of other people.[/quote]

Myself another lad and Juhniallio were in Juhniallio’s gaff one fine summer’s day a few years’ back. We got rightly locked I think and Juhniallio sent us off to the shops to get him chocolate - not sure what the incentive was but presumably it was beer. I think he asked for a surprise so we got him a couple of bars of Bourneville to give him an anti-surprise and he was none too happy. He fecked the Bournville on the ground and we picked it up and broke off a few squares and fired it over the wall to where there was a barbeque on in the house behind. Got a few laughs out of that so we threw over both bars and then got some onions and shit out of the press and threw them at the outdoor party.

Juhniallio tried to stop us from messing anymore but we were having a great laugh so tomatoes, onions, eggs and shit were all thrown at his neighbours. Then we retreated inside for a while to watch tv or something and all of a sudden some fucker came bursting in the door and he’d a mad angry face on him. Me and the other lad were laughing away and Juhniallio thought it was funny too but he had to look apologetic. This fecker was pure raging and I thought he’d explode with a beetroot red head on him. But then when he opened his mouth to speak he seemed to lose whatever rage he had in him and just said
“Ah eh eh Live and let live for God’s sake. Come on.”

We had ruined this guy’s day, probably ruined his clothes and his family’s and whatever visitors they had over. He was more than likely planning his big day for weeks only to be subjected to a barrage of missiles from over the fence. And all he could say was “live and let live.” Impossible to respect him and the phrase since then.

Must say that I agree with this - particularly the bit about the packed pubs and taxis. The Christmas party in my new work was such an instance. Weeks in advance they started booking taxis to take them home after the dinner. ‘Some bold people went to the pub after though and didn’t get their taxis’ was what was said afterwards. The same people wouldn’t know a pint of Guinness from a pint of piss.

Bold people http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/images/icons/icon10.gif. I’d have more respect for them if they had got their bloody taxis. Of course I’d never think that far ahead myself. Who wants to tie themselves down by having to leave at a certain time, no one knows what way a night will go.

You handed the card over in such a great way I will always remember it. In all seriousness it can be annoying in an office the size me and Flano work in. Theres 15 when everyone is in so thats a average of one every 3 and a half weeks. Ill repay the effort in August Flano.

Sounds like you have a bunch of fooking freaks for work colleagues Farmer!

I personally try to stay off the gargle every January. Usually by the middle of the second week I find it easier to take a dump when I believe the last of the impurities leave my system. Aswell as that, the dump isn’t half as smelly so it gives me more time to read the paper while I’m on the on the pot. Also, if I can stay off the skargle until February it proves I don’t need drink to be happy and that I’ve beaten off the scourge of alcoholism for another year.*

I ain’t a social retard in January by any strech of the imagination though, I will still go to the boozer and happily sip a lucozade Even though I’m off the fags (not the AllChangePlease kind) a good few months now, I still go to the smoking garden, I’d find it rude not to join my smoker friends even though I don’t smoke, in the same way I’d find it rude not to join my barfly buddies even though I’m off the gargle for a while!

*To this date I’ve never lasted the whole of January!

Quality quote there Ben. Tony Romo. Tony Romo. I would rep if I could. Have to whore it around first.

Don’t be Tony lover Shan. Christ.

Bens quote would lead us to believe he is still on the fags of the All Change Please variety.

I just got sick…

One pet hate of mine is people who won’t accept other people in society because they have a different religion, skin colour, sexuality etc.

[quote=“Flingo Flango”]

I just got sick…[/quote]

My work here is done.

One pet hate of mine is people who accept other people in society even though they have a different, skin colour, sexuality etc.

We’ll have to agree to disagree!